Close All Tabs in Chrome ??

Paul Trinque

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
To delete open tabs: touch the X a fraction to the left of the X and that will delete the tab. It took me a couple of weeks before I found out. Good Luck. Ptrinque

numetheus

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Why don't you just tap the x in the right corner of the tabs you want to close, just as you would on your computer?

Posted via Android Central App

Because that is a pain when you have a bunch of tabs open. Doesn't make sense since you can close all tabs on the phone version. Why just just add a convenient feature to the tablet version that lets you close all tabs?

bmcelvan

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,
Not sure if this will work because it is from chrome on an s4 mini but I looked and looked for days and FINALLY FOUND IT!! On the top of the screen, usually right side, there are two squares with a number in it, that is the number of open tabs. Click on that and it should bring you to the tabs screen. Once in that screen hit the menu button, or the action button, on phones its on the bottom left side, its the equivilent of the right click on a PC. Anyway, once inside the tabs screen, that button will offer "close all tabs." BUT ONLY ONCE YOUR IN THE TAB SCREEN, if you are actually in a tab using the browser, it won't be there.

Hope that helps!!

Ben

fixerman

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,
Not sure if this will work because it is from chrome on an s4 mini but I looked and looked for days and FINALLY FOUND IT!! On the top of the screen, usually right side, there are two squares with a number in it, that is the number of open tabs. Click on that and it should bring you to the tabs screen. Once in that screen hit the menu button, or the action button, on phones its on the bottom left side, its the equivilent of the right click on a PC. Anyway, once inside the tabs screen, that button will offer "close all tabs." BUT ONLY ONCE YOUR IN THE TAB SCREEN, if you are actually in a tab using the browser, it won't be there.

Hope that helps!!

Ben

Thanks Ben! I searched everywhere for this answer!

Fixerman

Carmine C

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
To close all tabs place finger on the X. on the last open tab on the top right side.Hold finger on X for 3 seconds there will be a pop up asking (Close all tabs) On some phones on top right hand of browser tab there will be a small icon with numbers inside indicating the number of tabs open. just place finger on icon and hold for 3 seconds.

Suryaansh Kamboj

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Just checked Chrome on my Nexus 7 (2013) and I found that I have dozens of open tabs. Not sure how I accumulated all of these but I'd like to close them without x-ing out each one individually. Could not find an option for this. Seems absurd. Is there an easy way to "close all tabs"?
If you're not having any opting to close all tabs then press and hold the 'x' button on any tab and a bar will open saying close all tabs and then click on it and it's done