Keeping the Nexus 7?

Reece_said_what

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this belongs in the Nexus 5 section but i'll give it a go in here. Since Google released the Nexus 5, I have been on the fence about picking one up since I have the Nexus 7 and in my mind i'm not sure if it is worth having both. The Nexus 7 seems to do just about everything I need and it kind of seems like over kill to carry around the 7 and have the 5 on me just to make phone calls and text. The one downside I am seeing to not picking up the Nexus 5 is that I have a Evo 4g LTE and it is at it's last leg. I'm totally bored with it and I don't intend to sign another contract with Sprint. Is it worth having both or is it time to head to craigslist to get rid of the 7?

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Is it worth having both or is it time to head to craigslist to get rid of the 7?

To me, it's worth having both devices. The Nexus 7 is much more comfortable to use for reading and browsing. Plus, if I use the Nexus 7, my phone's battery doesn't drain as quickly, which was a big concern when I had a Galaxy Nexus (I don't worry about battery life now with my Moto X).

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
The only time I wish I had an N5 instead of an N7 is when I want to carry it in my pocket like bike riding or walking. The GPS functions would come in very handy on my bike. The only problem is that it's not that small. Try doing some hard mountain biking with it in your pocket and see how long it lasts. Flip phones were very durable and small - perfect for the pocket.

howardv

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I don't need a smartphone anymore once I got the Nexus 7 LTE. I have switched to a regular old flip phone as it's just used for calls. I do everything else on the Nexus 7. And with Google Voice, you can even initiate a call to my flip phone from my Nexus 7.

The best part: My flip phone's battery lasts over a week without charging! And I'm saving lots of money.

But this is a highly personal preference based on my usage. I'm sure everyone is in a different boat.

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I don't take my N7 with me everywhere I go, so I would still prefer to have a smartphone with a WiFi only tablet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674