1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone else having the nexus 7 starting to lag?

So, I've had to do a few factory restores on this thing over the past few weeks (don't ask, mainly due to my anxiety acting up and me thinking I had a virus or something) and now I'm noticing my tablet is starting to really stutter and lag compared to what it did before. For example, when scrolling or loading pages on Chrome, the Web page will jump around during a lot of times, and it's causing me to frequently hitched wrong links on pages.

Did doing several factory restores possible cause some software damage or something? It was my understanding doing that doesn't harm the device at all. Is there any kind of soft reset I can do to maybe fix this? Or is this just normal?

I'm also noticing touch input response issue with games.

Default Re: Anyone else having the nexus 7 starting to lag?

Factory Resets will not harm the device. As for why your seeing these problems, it is possible an application even after the factory resets that your installing back to the device is causing your issues.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Global Posts
    395 Global Posts

You know I had my touch screen go wacko last night and couldn't stop it until I forced the screen to shut off by closing the cover on my case. My N7 is still very snappy but I definitely notice a bit of slow down vs how silky smooth my Note 3 is.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Factory Resets will not harm the device. As for why your seeing these problems, it is possible an application even after the factory resets that your installing back to the device is causing your issues.
    Is there anyway to tell what app might be doing that?
    Banned

Global Posts
    856 Global Posts

I've had mine since the week it launched and it runs the same as the day I bought it. I've reset it once. I also manage and monitor it daily.

Looks like it's starting to degrade like the last Nexus 7.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenSword View Post
    So, I've had to do a few factory restores on this thing over the past few weeks (don't ask, mainly due to my anxiety acting up and me thinking I had a virus or something) and now I'm noticing my tablet is starting to really stutter and lag compared to what it did before. For example, when scrolling or loading pages on Chrome, the Web page will jump around during a lot of times, and it's causing me to frequently hitched wrong links on pages.

Did doing several factory restores possible cause some software damage or something? It was my understanding doing that doesn't harm the device at all. Is there any kind of soft reset I can do to maybe fix this? Or is this just normal?

I'm also noticing touch input response issue with games.
    I tried to play Granny Smith and the input lag was so much it was unplayable. I swear I played this without a problem before. I don't know when this started happening.

There could be an app still on your N7.. don't restore no more go to setting and look at the app you downloaded and see if apps are there that you didn't download then delete them.
    Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Nexus all the way..

Quote Originally Posted by KurianOfBorg View Post
    Looks like it's starting to degrade like the last Nexus 7.
    Mine has no problems at all. Since I got it, I have unlocked it, rooted it, unrooted it, rooted it again, filled the storage, done several data wipes, flashed more than 10 different ROMs, and never have had any sort of degrading. Sounds like something is wrong with the OP's device that is having issues.

Posted from the awesome new Nexus 7
    Be sure and hit the thanks button if anything I said was helpful to you!