Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Broken Nexus 7 screen + no touch responding

jehwolfie

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi, my nexus 7 (2013) was stepped on and the screen is all shattered up, and there is no response on the touches except a little in the corner, but that's pretty much useless.
Apparently that's a sign of a broken digitizer as well. In addition the edges of the lcd screen are a bit lighter. Here are some pictures:
http://i.imgur.com/VgZfseI.jpg
^That one shows how the blueish marks and lighter areas (at the centre and bottom area of the image)
http://i.imgur.com/pjlVFH9.jpg
^That one shoes what it looks like when the screen is bright

So here are the questions I have
1.) How much would asus (or whoever repairs these things) charge roughly to fix the glass and didgitizer, Would they be able to fix the purple and lightish areas?
2.) I searched on ebay and found something that looks like it would fit would this fix the no touch responce and have new glass that i could install? link here:
Touch Screen Digitizer Glass Lens FOR Asus Google Nexus 7 FHD 2013 ME571K 2nd | eBay
3) Would that fix those lighter areas shown in the first picture or no?

GirishBarve

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi... My new nexus 7 was just a month old. One day suddenly I saw a hairline crack on the one third part of the screen. The touch is working in two third part of it but not working in the balance one third part. The tab has not fallen from me. I am still wondering how the screen can break? My tab is now useless to me as the screen is not opening at all. The price of new touch screen is exemplary high. In just one month, I lost this tab. The service center of ASUS is very difficult to locate in Mumbai and is not giving any response. I will never buy any ASUS product ever....

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi... My new nexus 7 was just a month old. One day suddenly I saw a hairline crack on the one third part of the screen. The touch is working in two third part of it but not working in the balance one third part. The tab has not fallen from me. I am still wondering how the screen can break? My tab is now useless to me as the screen is not opening at all. The price of new touch screen is exemplary high. In just one month, I lost this tab. The service center of ASUS is very difficult to locate in Mumbai and is not giving any response. I will never buy any ASUS product ever....

There have been other people who claim that the screens can spontaneously crack by themselves like this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance