It's been 2 days and it seems no one has received the OTA update.

CooCooCaChoo

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
What's the rush anyway? Are there any radical improvements with KK? I don't think so.

In my opinion yes. My Nexus 7 v2 was fast with jelly bean 4.3, but with kit kat, it is noticeably faster. Albeit a small handful of programs are acting up until developers update them.

As for sideloading, it's not difficult at all, but it does require doing something the average user might find daunting. The method that is posted on Android Central didn't work for me so I had to use the Nexus Root Kit to sideload kit kat.

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
That doesn't matter man... It's new so we need to have it. :) I ordered a Nexus 5 to replace my BB Q10, will probably get that before I get the OTA update!

Exactly. It's new so we want it. :)

Mine is still showing up-to-date at 9:30 am Saturday morning JST. I will have soba for breakfast and take a bike ride along the Nakagawa.

doug

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Just arrived Singapore about an hour and a half go, checked into my hotel and now my Nexus 7 decides it's ready for its OTA.

Anyway about to go and enjoy some great Singapore Pepper Crab for dinner with friends.

Dan

Posted via Android Central App

eclein

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Nothing here yet on the east coast, it must be coming soon as my app updates are in high gear :)
I was going to sideload but reading through the process stopped that. I'll wait for the ota update, my n7 runs great right now I'm not screwing around with it myself, plus I'm lazy! Enjoy the day folks!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

milliman

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Just sideboard it and be done with it. That's what I did and I am no longer wasting time checking for the update. Satisfy your OCD urges and sideload but remember that you may have to tweak a .inf file on Windows to get the drivers to install.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

BuffaloMadMan

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Dear Google,

You suck at updates. I don't understand why they can't roll the update out ask at once like apple! Its frustrating. You are Google you should be able to flip a switch and voila everyone has it but no they have to suck

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I had been checking updates as I sat in the living room. I decided to bring the tablet into the bedroom and try to update, and guess what???

Still no Kit Kat, even though I am closer to my router.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Dear Google,

You suck at updates. I don't understand why they can't roll the update out ask at once like apple! Its frustrating. You are Google you should be able to flip a switch and voila everyone has it but no they have to suck

How many Apple devices have you had go through one of their updates? At first I did it the day they were announced, but after several failed updates and long delays on the release day I now wait a few days for their servers to recover. I think Google's method of stretching out a release over a week or two is a better way to go.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I've had 3 Nexus devices, and I've typically gotten OTAs within a few days of the release, at the latest. Not weeks or months. The priority is by chance, but it will happen. It's not like we're made to wait forever by a carrier (some are just now getting 4.3). And there are options to get it sooner if the wait is really that painful.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

CooCooCaChoo

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
How many Apple devices have you had go through one of their updates? At first I did it the day they were announced, but after several failed updates and long delays on the release day I now wait a few days for their servers to recover. I think Google's method of stretching out a release over a week or two is a better way to go.

For sure. Imagine how many devices are out there that are eligible for the update and now imagine how fast the servers would crash of they were to all connect simultaneously to update. Their servers would crash and burn and nobody would see an update until they recovered.

Why wait when everybody is screaming sideload?

joeynumbers

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Dear Google,

Apple announced ios7 months before they updated their devices. So it wasn't exactly a quick update.

BuffaloMadMan

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Are we all really debating if apple has a better update system then Google? When apple tells me I have an update I go get the update. When Google tells you that the update is ready you wait 2 weeks. Sure the update mb a little slow but at least I get the update when told its ready. Now about the servers Google has probably the best infrastructure when it comes to this I'm sure they could roll out the update to every single nexus device sold and have zero problems. Can't be that many. I'm just saying there has to be a better way cause they suck at it

C5Longhorn

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Completely agree, Apple blows Google out of the water in the way it handles releases. I've never had issues downloading the latest iOS version by the next day. They just pushed a patch out on Thursday and I downloaded it yesterday.

Rick

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz