It's been 2 days and it seems no one has received the OTA update.

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I haven't got my 4.4 OTA still on Nexus 10 unfortunately but I heard about kitkat "fragmentation" which is disappointing. One reason I bought a Nexus tablet was to experience FULL Android experience but I guess I can't on the latest kitkat.. No translucent bar?? I'm sure Nexus 7 & 10 hardware can handle translucent bars. Again, disappointed. Google need to step up their game and end the fragmentation on the next 4.4.1 update hopefully. Yes Apple have fragmentation, but Google should know that they need a MAJOR difference than Apple to compete in the market and this includes OS fragment. I can't believe Google is treating their NEXUS devices like this.. Especially tablets....

Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I haven't got my 4.4 OTA still on Nexus 10 unfortunately but I heard about kitkat "fragmentation" which is disappointing. One reason I bought a Nexus tablet was to experience FULL Android experience but I guess I can't on the latest kitkat.. No translucent bar?? I'm sure Nexus 7 & 10 hardware can handle translucent bars. Again, disappointed. Google need to step up their game and end the fragmentation on the next 4.4.1 update hopefully. Yes Apple have fragmentation, but Google should know that they need a MAJOR difference than Apple to compete in the market and this includes OS fragment. I can't believe Google is treating their NEXUS devices like this.. Especially tablets....

That rumor is false. 4.4 is on the API level that allows apps to utlilize transparent navigation and status bars. The GEL is what does that, and it's part of the Google Search (also known as Google Now) app. When you have 4.4 and the updated search, or a Moto X and the updated search, you can have the Google Launcher work 100%, including transparencies.

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
That rumor is false. 4.4 is on the API level that allows apps to utlilize transparent navigation and status bars. The GEL is what does that, and it's part of the Google Search (also known as Google Now) app. When you have 4.4 and the updated search, or a Moto X and the updated search, you can have the Google Launcher work 100%, including transparencies.

Ok thank God! Can't wait to play around with it when I ACTUALLY get the update. Ok I received the Google search update 3.1.8 from the play store like two days ago but still no 4.4 update for Nexus 10. Tried Google services framework truck numerous times but still no luck. This use to work before. Plus how long do I have to wait more or is there another way to force the update??

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AC Forums mobile app

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok thank God! Can't wait to play around with it when I ACTUALLY get the update. Ok I received the Google search update 3.1.8 from the play store like two days ago but still no 4.4 update for Nexus 10. Tried Google services framework truck numerous times but still no luck. This use to work before. Plus how long do I have to wait more or is there another way to force the update??

Other than downloading it and sideloading it yourself, I'm not aware of any other (additional to framework) method of acceleration.
Sideloading does not require being unlocked or rooted, just need a PC, Mac or Linux machine, a USB cable, proper drivers and developer options enabled with USB debugging on. Full instructions here: How to manually update your Nexus tablet to KitKat [updated] | Android Central

Rickosw

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Just arrived Singapore about an hour and a half go, checked into my hotel and now my Nexus 7 decides it's ready for its OTA.

Anyway about to go and enjoy some great Singapore Pepper Crab for dinner with friends.

Dan

Posted via Android Central App

Hi Dan,

how did you managed to get Kiktat via OTA - connected via Hotel Wifi?
I am currently stationed in Singapore as well, nothing on my end ... connected to a local telecom wifi,
Does anyone know the reason for the delay? there shouldnt be any difference rite?

i have checked with the local forum ... Nobody has the Kitkat as yet ... people still waiting as well

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/t...us-7-2nd-generation-4304155.html#post81228529

Rgds,
Rickosw
(Bought my N7 II via Amazon)

Last edited:

bagou01

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Belgium and still nothing here either...
could it be possible that google discovered an issue while releasing it and has to fix it quickly ? it's been almost a week now...

heggood

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Nothing here at the White House. If anyone gets any info, please forward it to Biden so he can notify me, thanks. KitKat will save America and my healthcare plan.

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi Dan,

how did you managed to get Kiktat via OTA - connected via Hotel Wifi?
I am currently stationed in Singapore as well, nothing on my end ... connected to a local telecom wifi,
Does anyone know the reason for the delay? there shouldnt be any difference rite?

i have checked with the local forum ... Nobody has the Kitkat as yet ... people still waiting as well

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/t...us-7-2nd-generation-4304155.html#post81228529

Rgds,
Rickosw
(Bought my N7 II via Amazon)

I logged into the hotel's wife network and went to take a shower. After exiting the shower I noticed the update icon in the status bar.

I clicked it, but the hotel speeds were poor, so I headed over to my employer's office at Wheelock Place and downloaded the update there.

Dan

Posted via Android Central App

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Through OTA? If so did it just come automatically or did the framework trick? Wow I gotta check on my Nexus 10 when I get home.

Yes. 2012 got the ota last week, 2013 got it when I woke up today and updated my mother in law's via adb.

XT1060. Through spacetime.

SamsungGalaxySII

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Yes. 2012 got the ota last week, 2013 got it when I woke up today and updated my mother in law's via adb.

XT1060. Through spacetime.

Just got home checked for update but still stuck with 4.3 :( At least you got me excited and letting myself know that the OTA is ACTUALLY pushing out!

1210saad

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Just sideboard it and be done with it. That's what I did and I am no longer wasting time checking for the update. Satisfy your OCD urges and sideload but remember that you may have to tweak a .inf file on Windows to get the drivers to install.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Its no fun side loading. Waiting for the update is fun.

Posted via Android Central App on Nexus 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc