Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Global Posts
    383 Global Posts

Default Re: It's been 2 days and it seems no one has received the OTA update.

Just arrived Singapore about an hour and a half go, checked into my hotel and now my Nexus 7 decides it's ready for its OTA.

Anyway about to go and enjoy some great Singapore Pepper Crab for dinner with friends.

Dan

Posted via Android Central App

Nothing here yet on the east coast, it must be coming soon as my app updates are in high gear :-)
    I was going to sideload but reading through the process stopped that. I'll wait for the ota update, my n7 runs great right now I'm not screwing around with it myself, plus I'm lazy! Enjoy the day folks!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Nothing here either and im 45 minutes away from Google.
    The "infraction"

Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 3.0.31-329968

Just sideboard it and be done with it. That's what I did and I am no longer wasting time checking for the update. Satisfy your OCD urges and sideload but remember that you may have to tweak a .inf file on Windows to get the drivers to install.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

4 days and still not here. Google was great with nexus updates last year.

Quote Originally Posted by pseudoware View Post
    Two words:

Sideload ;-)

I've just bought the Nexus 5 and whilst the phone is excellent I'm not too bothered about KK TBH. I'm not in a rush to update my Nexus 7 2013 as it works fine on 4.3.

Dear Google,

You suck at updates. I don't understand why they can't roll the update out ask at once like apple! Its frustrating. You are Google you should be able to flip a switch and voila everyone has it but no they have to suck

propeller10 likes this.

nope, here

ROM
    Stock

I had been checking updates as I sat in the living room. I decided to bring the tablet into the bedroom and try to update, and guess what???

Still no Kit Kat, even though I am closer to my router.
    MrTwiggzz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloMadMan View Post
    Dear Google,

You suck at updates. I don't understand why they can't roll the update out ask at once like apple! Its frustrating. You are Google you should be able to flip a switch and voila everyone has it but no they have to suck

How many Apple devices have you had go through one of their updates? At first I did it the day they were announced, but after several failed updates and long delays on the release day I now wait a few days for their servers to recover. I think Google's method of stretching out a release over a week or two is a better way to go.

I've had 3 Nexus devices, and I've typically gotten OTAs within a few days of the release, at the latest. Not weeks or months. The priority is by chance, but it will happen. It's not like we're made to wait forever by a carrier (some are just now getting 4.3). And there are options to get it sooner if the wait is really that painful.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jerrykur View Post
    How many Apple devices have you had go through one of their updates? At first I did it the day they were announced, but after several failed updates and long delays on the release day I now wait a few days for their servers to recover. I think Google's method of stretching out a release over a week or two is a better way to go.
    For sure. Imagine how many devices are out there that are eligible for the update and now imagine how fast the servers would crash of they were to all connect simultaneously to update. Their servers would crash and burn and nobody would see an update until they recovered.

Why wait when everybody is screaming sideload?

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloMadMan View Post
    Dear Google,

Apple announced ios7 months before they updated their devices. So it wasn't exactly a quick update.

Are we all really debating if apple has a better update system then Google? When apple tells me I have an update I go get the update. When Google tells you that the update is ready you wait 2 weeks. Sure the update mb a little slow but at least I get the update when told its ready. Now about the servers Google has probably the best infrastructure when it comes to this I'm sure they could roll out the update to every single nexus device sold and have zero problems. Can't be that many. I'm just saying there has to be a better way cause they suck at it

Completely agree, Apple blows Google out of the water in the way it handles releases. I've never had issues downloading the latest iOS version by the next day. They just pushed a patch out on Thursday and I downloaded it yesterday.

Rick

Y'all need to relax. :/

I haven't got my 4.4 OTA still on Nexus 10 unfortunately but I heard about kitkat "fragmentation" which is disappointing. One reason I bought a Nexus tablet was to experience FULL Android experience but I guess I can't on the latest kitkat.. No translucent bar?? I'm sure Nexus 7 & 10 hardware can handle translucent bars. Again, disappointed. Google need to step up their game and end the fragmentation on the next 4.4.1 update hopefully. Yes Apple have fragmentation, but Google should know that they need a MAJOR difference than Apple to compete in the market and this includes OS fragment. I can't believe Google is treating their NEXUS devices like this.. Especially tablets....

Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app
    Assassin Droid

Global Posts
    7,918 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by SamsungGalaxySII View Post
    I haven't got my 4.4 OTA still on Nexus 10 unfortunately but I heard about kitkat "fragmentation" which is disappointing. One reason I bought a Nexus tablet was to experience FULL Android experience but I guess I can't on the latest kitkat.. No translucent bar?? I'm sure Nexus 7 & 10 hardware can handle translucent bars. Again, disappointed. Google need to step up their game and end the fragmentation on the next 4.4.1 update hopefully. Yes Apple have fragmentation, but Google should know that they need a MAJOR difference than Apple to compete in the market and this includes OS fragment. I can't believe Google is treating their NEXUS devices like this.. Especially tablets....

Sent from my Nexus 10 using AC Forums mobile app
    That rumor is false. 4.4 is on the API level that allows apps to utlilize transparent navigation and status bars. The GEL is what does that, and it's part of the Google Search (also known as Google Now) app. When you have 4.4 and the updated search, or a Moto X and the updated search, you can have the Google Launcher work 100%, including transparencies.

Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    That rumor is false. 4.4 is on the API level that allows apps to utlilize transparent navigation and status bars. The GEL is what does that, and it's part of the Google Search (also known as Google Now) app. When you have 4.4 and the updated search, or a Moto X and the updated search, you can have the Google Launcher work 100%, including transparencies.
    Ok thank God! Can't wait to play around with it when I ACTUALLY get the update. Ok I received the Google search update 3.1.8 from the play store like two days ago but still no 4.4 update for Nexus 10. Tried Google services framework truck numerous times but still no luck. This use to work before. Plus how long do I have to wait more or is there another way to force the update??

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AC Forums mobile app
    Assassin Droid

Global Posts
    7,918 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Quote Originally Posted by SamsungGalaxySII View Post
    Ok thank God! Can't wait to play around with it when I ACTUALLY get the update. Ok I received the Google search update 3.1.8 from the play store like two days ago but still no 4.4 update for Nexus 10. Tried Google services framework truck numerous times but still no luck. This use to work before. Plus how long do I have to wait more or is there another way to force the update??

Sent from my SGH-T989 using AC Forums mobile app
    Other than downloading it and sideloading it yourself, I'm not aware of any other (additional to framework) method of acceleration.
    Sideloading does not require being unlocked or rooted, just need a PC, Mac or Linux machine, a USB cable, proper drivers and developer options enabled with USB debugging on. Full instructions here: How to manually update your Nexus tablet to KitKat [updated] | Android Central

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dan1431 View Post
    Just arrived Singapore about an hour and a half go, checked into my hotel and now my Nexus 7 decides it's ready for its OTA.

Anyway about to go and enjoy some great Singapore Pepper Crab for dinner with friends.

Dan

Hi Dan,

how did you managed to get Kiktat via OTA - connected via Hotel Wifi?
    I am currently stationed in Singapore as well, nothing on my end ... connected to a local telecom wifi,
    Does anyone know the reason for the delay? there shouldnt be any difference rite?

i have checked with the local forum ... Nobody has the Kitkat as yet ... people still waiting as well

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ta...l#post81228529

Rgds,
    Rickosw
    (Bought my N7 II via Amazon)
    - Sleek Black Nokia 1020 - Google Nexus 7 II -

Belgium and still nothing here either...
    could it be possible that google discovered an issue while releasing it and has to fix it quickly ? it's been almost a week now...

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts

Nothing here at the White House. If anyone gets any info, please forward it to Biden so he can notify me, thanks. KitKat will save America and my healthcare plan.
    net62957 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by heggood View Post
    Nothing here at the White House. If anyone gets any info, please forward it to Biden so he can notify me, thanks. KitKat will save America and my healthcare plan.
    I hear kit kat can save you 15% on your car insurance in fifteen minutes.
    heggood and net62957 like this.

Global Posts
    383 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rickosw View Post
    Hi Dan,

how did you managed to get Kiktat via OTA - connected via Hotel Wifi?
    I am currently stationed in Singapore as well, nothing on my end ... connected to a local telecom wifi,
    Does anyone know the reason for the delay? there shouldnt be any difference rite?

i have checked with the local forum ... Nobody has the Kitkat as yet ... people still waiting as well

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ta...l#post81228529

Rgds,
    Rickosw
    (Bought my N7 II via Amazon)
    I logged into the hotel's wife network and went to take a shower. After exiting the shower I noticed the update icon in the status bar.

I clicked it, but the hotel speeds were poor, so I headed over to my employer's office at Wheelock Place and downloaded the update there.

Dan

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast