Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    443 Global Posts

Default KitKat Issues

Got tired of waiting so I sideloaded 4.4 on both my stock 2012 & 2013 N7s. Apparently, Google made changes such that access to battery stats has changed and so apps like GSAM Battery Monitor and Wakelock Detector no longer work. Also, I "lost" my GPS Test Plus app - I tried to reinstall it but got the Play Store -24 error, an indication that there are remnant files left around - I believe I need to root to actually find and delete them. These are the only problems I have seen so far. Other than that, not all that different from 4.3.

Dave

Default Re: KitKat Issues

Quote Originally Posted by sparksd View Post
    Got tired of waiting so I sideloaded 4.4 on both my stock 2012 & 2013 N7s. Apparently, Google made changes such that access to battery stats has changed and so apps like GSAM Battery Monitor and Wakelock Detector no longer work. Also, I "lost" my GPS Test Plus app - I tried to reinstall it but got the Play Store -24 error, an indication that there are remnant files left around - I believe I need to root to actually find and delete them. These are the only problems I have seen so far. Other than that, not all that different from 4.3.

Dave
    I had the same problem with GSAM Battery Monitor - crashes immediately upon opening. The GPS Test, by Chartcross did work for me, but it seemed slower than usual. I also noted that memory use was in the 400 MB range, but I haven't loaded up completely with running apps yet. I will continue looking at that.