Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 7 still has touch screen problems

So i'm one of those kind of people who pulls the trigger on a new device that interests me when they first came out. I bought the 2013 nexus 7 from a best buy when it was first released, i remember it came out like 2 days earlier than expected or something like that. Bought it went home and didn't open it till unfortunately after the 15 day return period. Worse thing that happened was the touch screen had that same multi touch issue a bunch of others were talking about months back. It wasn't to severe so i decided to keep it until the screen suddenly broke on its own, how i honestly do not know.
    Today, staples was having a sale on $50 off on any tablet above $150 and i took advantage of that deal. Bought a brand new Nexus 7 to replace the old one thats currently still under RMA from Asus. Lo and behold this thing STILL has touch screen issues. 3 months after the initial batch was released and the tablet still has issues with multi touch. Well, luckily this time i bought coverage for the tablet so looks like it'll be going back tomorrow to see if i can exchange it for another one. Anyone else bought a nexus 7 recently and still having multitouch issues?
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Nexus 7 still has touch screen problems

Brought mine 2 months ago and have no problems at all.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    351 Global Posts

I had some issues with touch, but it seems to be fixed with Android 4.4.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra50#WP View Post
    Brought mine 2 months ago and have no problems at all.

Posted via Android Central App
    sigh.....always getting stuck with lemons

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Choorp View Post
    I had some issues with touch, but it seems to be fixed with Android 4.4.
    did you manually update to 4.4? or did you receive the OTA? nothing in my area yet, was hoping for 4.4 to perhaps do something for the screen.

Global Posts
    351 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Low View Post
    did you manually update to 4.4? or did you receive the OTA? nothing in my area yet, was hoping for 4.4 to perhaps do something for the screen.
    I manually updated to 4.4.

Global Posts
    725 Global Posts

sigh.....always getting stuck with lemons

- - - Updated - - -

You aren't alone. I am on my third nexus 7 and I still have issues. Unfortunately 4.4 hasn't helped me either. I can still return it though so I still have options.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Fr3lncr View Post
    You aren't alone. I am on my third nexus 7 and I still have issues. Unfortunately 4.4 hasn't helped me either. I can still return it though so I still have options.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    Im hoping 4.4 will do something about the touch issues. even though i do have warranty and a couple of days to return it i really dont want to go through the hassle...going through enough trouble with Asus' RMA

EDIT: Just noticed something very weird. I remember people saying that if you plug in a charger to the 2013 nexus 7 the touchscreen issue would seem to disappear. My unit doesn't seem to exhibit this case. I was going to wait and see if 4.4 would fix it but what do you guys think? return it asap? or just wait?
    Last edited by Brian Low; 11-17-2013 at 02:07 AM.

...Well, luckily this time i bought coverage for the tablet so looks like it'll be going back tomorrow to see if i can exchange it for another one....
    Good luck with exchanging it at Staples if your past the 14 day return period! I was told no in store exchanges and that I would have to call an 800 number for their service plan if I was past the 14 day return period.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

New nexus 7 arrived today. Had screen issues straightaway but managed to get through the set up into my account.problem is that all my apps are now on the machine ( including all my contacts!) but the screen won't swop at all so I can't get to Settings to do factory erase. It's boxed up in the car ready to be returned but I'm worried about the contacts being open and accessible...aarrrggghhhh!!! Any suggestions please! Thanks, Michael

Welcome to the forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Castle View Post
    Any suggestions
    You should be able to boot up in Recovery mode and Factory Reset the device.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

What multitouch issues are you having?

When I type something, the first letter doesn't always make the poping sound, which makes me think that it didn't register. Other than that it works fine.

MIne does this randomly. Hopefully the 4.4.3, which is supposed to be released in a few days, will address this issue.

I just got my Nexus 7 and I noticed some times that the screen doesn't register my taps. I thought it was because the device was experiencing a slow down. I had a lot of things going on the device at that time. I am currently charging it and I hope these issues won't repeat.
    iMac 27" mid 2013, iPad Air Cellular 64Gb White/silver, HTC One M8

This is funny but I purchased nexus 7 (2013) from best buy in the month of Feb 2014 and still they gave me a product with touch issue.. Now the fun part is constant problem with touch (Ghost inputs) suddenly stopped after I plugged in sennheiser headset.. Till the time it was plugged in I did not face a single touch issue (to be precise ghost touches).. I know this sounds weird illogical but guys this is what I m witnessing... I don't care till the time my tab is working fine..