Has the Android 4.4 Kitkat update been released only to US Nexus 7?

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I had imported my Nexus 7 2013 edition from the US as it was not available in my country but I just read here
Google Pushes Android KitKat To Nexus Tablets - InformationWeek
" The operating system is first being made available to WiFi-only models in the US, with other models and locations to follow later"

Does that mean that I wont get the Kitkat update as the device has not been released in my country so Google obivously wont release it in my country:'(

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I dont think they'll do that. I'm pretty sure you'll receive KitKat regardless. Google is aware that a lot have imported the device from other countries, mainly the US.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk Pro

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm turned on VPN for my Nexus so it looked like I was in California. And I didn't see an upgrade. So I don't think it's that.

Posted via Android Central App

heeemz

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I don't think this will be limited to any region, it may be done in phased manner, I guess. I am not in US - I did side load, post that I received OTA update immediately.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I had imported my Nexus 7 2013 edition from the US as it was not available in my country but I just read here
Google Pushes Android KitKat To Nexus Tablets - InformationWeek
" The operating system is first being made available to WiFi-only models in the US, with other models and locations to follow later"

Does that mean that I wont get the Kitkat update as the device has not been released in my country so Google obivously wont release it in my country:'(

I imported my N7 2013 from the US because where I'm located it hasn't been released yet. I got the update yesterday morning so there's nothing to worry about.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital