Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013) File structure and location

davidhm

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I trying, unsuccessfully to understand and locate files that I have downloaded purchased or rented. So far the only ones I can actually located are books. Music, pics, videos I just can't locate. I have used file explorer, antek, etc . Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance,
Davidhm
Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

vmurph

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
It depends on what it is and which app was used to rent or purchase it. Different apps use different file structures.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
For Google Play stuff, files can generally found in the directory /storage/sdcard0/Android/data, and then look for the "com.google.xyz" folders. On certain devices, the folder structure may be something like /storage/emulated/0/Android/data.

Keep in mind that downloaded files will not have recognizable titles--they generally have numbered filenames. I consider it an indirect method to reduce the ease of piracy. If you want to download your music files and copy them directly to other computers or devices that you own, you're better off downloading the music from the Google Play Music website, or using the Google Music Manager program on your desktop.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan