Selling my 1st gen iPad

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
If you don't mind a smaller screen, definitely check out the nexus 7 2013. 7 inch screen and the performance is quite fluid. It starts at $229.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes, take a look at the Nexus 7 (2013). What would your primary functions be with the tablet? i.e. browsing, work, school, etc.?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I transitioned from iPad to Nexus 7, and couldn't be happier. But you are in the Nexus 7 forum, so of course we're telling you how great it is. But it really is!

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I transitioned from iPad to Nexus 7, and couldn't be happier. But you are in the Nexus 7 forum, so of course we're telling you how great it is. But it really is!

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

Didn't even notice what section this was in. Lol tapatalk doesn't specify what section when there's a notification saying there was a new thread. I just posted about the nexus 7 since its that awesome! And I also transitioned from an iPad 3 and honestly, the smaller screen of the nexus doesn't bother me at all. Especially when you factor in how much lighter it is. Just so much easier to handle. Media is still great and games are nice to play on it as well since it's easier to hold.

Posted via Android Central App

Flaspeneer

May 6, 2011
Visit site
EDIT: looks like it expired
there is a $50 discount from staples now. . . .

Watch for discounts on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but be advised you might have to go on an outing to snag whichever tablet you choose.

Re the Staples discount: As of Saturday late afternoon (day of the discount's introduction), the online store was out of both Wifi versions of the N7 2013.

To find a 32GB model, I had to call local stores in my area. The first one I bought at a local Staples had been opened; I ended up going back to exchange it. My second N7 was mint.

CooCooCaChoo

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Yeah definitely wait for Cyber Monday to see what kind of deal you can get. Don't go cheap and get the 16gb version when the 32gb is only 50 bucks more. The more space you have the longer the flash storage lasts because unfortunately they have write endurance like SSDs.

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I've got my iPad up on ebay right now and am looking for a faster, more current replacement. Considering my only apple product is the iPad I want to switch over to Android or Windows tablets. Looking to tap into your experience and ask who likes what they've got? I'm not looking to spend over $300 so that limits me quite a bit.

Thanks all!

Apple iPad 1st Generation 32GB Wi Fi 9 7in Black MB293LL A 885909195169 | eBay

Let us know what you get for it. I'm curious because I have two original iPads I need to get rid of! :)

doug

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Let us know what you get for it. I'm curious because I have two original iPads I need to get rid of! :)

doug

Go to swappa. They will show you latest sale prices for devices. It's safe and secure. They verify all devices being sold and everyone has to pay through PayPal. It's also cheaper as there are not a such in fees.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

Bluelens

Dec 9, 2010
www.jmhoover.com
I sold my 1st gen iPad to get the 2012 N7 and I am glad I did. It is smaller but that also means more portable and fits easier in the pocket and for holding it one-handed. I sold the iPad for the price of the NExus so that I was not out of pocket anything but a case.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I ended up getting $163 for it. I was happy with that considering it's age and the fact that I can't upgrade past iOS 5.

I've thought about picking up a 1st or 2nd gen iPad to use with a Square Register. Could very well be worth $163 for the right person.

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I've thought about picking up a 1st or 2nd gen iPad to use with a Square Register. Could very well be worth $163 for the right person.

I have two iPad 1s now. Right now I have two iPad 1s, one iPad 2 and I'm about to receive an iPad 4th generation as a hand-me-down from an elderly friend who already wants to upgrade to an iPad Air.

I think I will sell them all and get an iPad Air in addition to my Nexus 7 (just to be up-to-date). Right now it's ridiculous. Within an arm's length I have at least 10 Internet connected devices! :)

doug

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC