RECEIVED: OTA update to 4.4 KitKat, build KRT16S

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
On 11/14 I sideloaded the 4.4 update to build KRT160 and posted sideloading tips in this thread:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...-how-newb-successfully-sideloaded-kitkat.html

I just saw the article on Android Central about Google pushing a 4.4 bugfix to build KRT16S, and giving a download link for those who want to sideload it.
http://www.androidcentral.com/googl...tkit-krt16s-factory-images-come-nexus-devices
I was just about to get started doing that, but when I turned on my N7 it said that an update was ready to install, and I got the update to build KRT16S OTA.

It seems that others have now gotten the OTA update to KitKat (I'm not sure which build) and have posted about it in the thread titled, " It's been 2 days and it seems no one has received the OTA update." It seems more appropriate to start a new thread about GETTING the OTA update.

KRT16S.jpg

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Well, now that I look at the details of the others who have posted about getting an OTA update in the thread, " It's been 2 days and it seems no one has received the OTA update," it appears that they also had first sideloaded 4.4 (presumably the KRT160 build). Apparently Google is pushing out the KRT16S build OTA first to anyone who is already at 4.4 build KRT160. I would think it should be going out OTA soon to everyone else.

But it's really not that hard to sideload, if anyone is in a hurry . . . .

C5Longhorn

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I just sideloaded 4.4 today and received the updated 4.4 build a few minutes ago. At first I thought it was a mistake from my sideload.

Rick

Posted via Android Central App

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I just sideloaded 4.4 (the previously downloadable OTA file) and immediately after rebooting the new update was available. Yay!

DrWu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I sideloaded a few days ago and just got the bug fix ota this morning, anyone know what its supposed to fix?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

milliman

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
The bug fix OTA was waiting for me when I woke up this morning. I was perplexed until I saw the release number.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
If anyone here is on rooted KRT16O, go ahead and take the OTA, your bootloader will remain unlocked and if for some reason you lose custom recovery (you shouldn't), reflash it with Wug's Nexus Root Tool. After you take the OTA simply boot into recovery and flash any SuperSU v1.75 zip. You'll get root access back :)

opuspuck

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
naive question re:OTA update. Would it just happen without me knowing, would it just start doing it in front of me, or would it ask me if I want to proceed?Thanks for your patience with my newbness.

EJT

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
naive question re:OTA update. Would it just happen without me knowing, would it just start doing it in front of me, or would it ask me if I want to proceed?Thanks for your patience with my newbness.

You'll get a notification and be asked to install the update.