Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Here is my nexus 7 with kitkat on it
ygume9a3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Just got it here, too. No tricks to get it to update, just went to settings & hit the check for updates button, and it started downloading.

HisSvt2

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
OK I hate what they did to the default email app links in emails are unclickable and the email widget shows emails even after they have been deleted.

Other than that I haven't found anything wrong and it seems very fast

haribofan

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Just arrived on nexus 7 (2012) in the UK as well. Was thinking of getting the nexus 7 (2013) as was starting to think my old device was getting a bit slow but now loading everything at 100 miles an hour. What a difference from Apple were even update makes their older devices go slower and slower each time ! Nexus 7 now almost as fast as the nexus 5 !

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

FloatingSpots

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Update is sitting in my system status tray.
I had heard that there might be flash problems post update. Is flash still working for those of you who have updated.? (I use it in Dolphin)
That's all that is holding me back right now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Update is sitting in my system status tray.
I had heard that there might be flash problems post update. Is flash still working for those of you who have updated.? (I use it in Dolphin)
That's all that is holding me back right now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

It would appear that flash no longer works with Kit Kat release. I used it with Firefox, and just tested after getting the Kit Kat OTA.

I also tried another flash installer that is supposed to work. No joy.

Hammer

Bob Ray

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Posting here as well
Got my update a few minutes ago (Build KRY16S) but none of the graphic changes are showing - no transparent bars, no separate NOW page, etc.
Is there another step I'm supposed to do? I remember with my old ASUS TF100 you had to perform a cold reboot. Is something like this required here?
Thanks for any help

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Posting here as well
Got my update a few minutes ago (Build KRY16S) but none of the graphic changes are showing - no transparent bars, no separate NOW page, etc.
Is there another step I'm supposed to do? I remember with my old ASUS TF100 you had to perform a cold reboot. Is something like this required here?
Thanks for any help

There are some things that were introduced on the Nexus 5 that are not necessarily part of vanilla 4.4. The transparent bars are one of them, not sure about the rest, but there is some info around here on it.

HenryWiygul

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Posting here as well
Thanks for any help

I did some research for you. Turns out the transparent bars, transparent app drawer, and NOW page are only part of the Google Experience Launcher. Google has not released the launcher for anything but the nexus 5 yet. GEL was not part of 4.4 so you're not gonna see those improvements until Google releases the launcher for the nexus 7.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay