Thoughts on Kitkat.

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Received the OTA last night on both my N7 2012 and 2013 tablets.....All I can say is that they sure got this one right! Both tablets are VERY noticeably faster.....scrolling is very smooth, apps seem to load faster, no lags or stutters that I have seen....just seems like an all around good update........I haven't had it long enough to see any improvement on battery life. From what I have heard battery life is expected to improve....Let's hope this is true.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

mitc5502

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm...I didn't notice any performance gains/losses on my N7/2013. The only thing I noticed was that the bar on top has white text instead of blue, which I actually don't really care for. And standard KK doesn't even include the transparent top/bottom bars like the N5.

Ftspyder

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm...I didn't notice any performance gains/losses on my N7/2013. The only thing I noticed was that the bar on top has white text instead of blue, which I actually don't really care for. And standard KK doesn't even include the transparent top/bottom bars like the N5.

I`ll be getting a Nexus 7 2013 in two weeks and I was looking forward to not having that black bar at the bottom.

kcalmol

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I was hoping for two things - customizable quick settings (why is there no silent toggle?) and a better native email client (print option, sent folder listing messages by recipient vs. sender (ridiculous it does this)) . Negative on both. Also, was looking for a clear all option on recent apps. I have come to realize I do prefer "skinned" versions of the OS. Makes me even happier I decided on the G2 vs. N5. I had no performance issues pre-update, and so far notice no problems with 4.4 overall.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674