Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Thoughts on Kitkat.

Received the OTA last night on both my N7 2012 and 2013 tablets.....All I can say is that they sure got this one right! Both tablets are VERY noticeably faster.....scrolling is very smooth, apps seem to load faster, no lags or stutters that I have seen....just seems like an all around good update........I haven't had it long enough to see any improvement on battery life. From what I have heard battery life is expected to improve....Let's hope this is true.
    Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    32,246 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

Default Re: Thoughts on Kitkat.

Cool. Can't wait to get mine....

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Hmmm...I didn't notice any performance gains/losses on my N7/2013. The only thing I noticed was that the bar on top has white text instead of blue, which I actually don't really care for. And standard KK doesn't even include the transparent top/bottom bars like the N5.

My thoughts: it is what it is. Nothing earth-shaking.

Quote Originally Posted by mitc5502 View Post
    Hmmm...I didn't notice any performance gains/losses on my N7/2013. The only thing I noticed was that the bar on top has white text instead of blue, which I actually don't really care for. And standard KK doesn't even include the transparent top/bottom bars like the N5.
    I`ll be getting a Nexus 7 2013 in two weeks and I was looking forward to not having that black bar at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftspyder View Post
    I`ll be getting a Nexus 7 2013 in two weeks and I was looking forward to not having that black bar at the bottom.
    Download the GEL

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

I was hoping for two things - customizable quick settings (why is there no silent toggle?) and a better native email client (print option, sent folder listing messages by recipient vs. sender (ridiculous it does this)) . Negative on both. Also, was looking for a clear all option on recent apps. I have come to realize I do prefer "skinned" versions of the OS. Makes me even happier I decided on the G2 vs. N5. I had no performance issues pre-update, and so far notice no problems with 4.4 overall.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app