Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default READ If You have purchased a nexus tablet as a gift for someone!

Thought I should share this. I got a nexus 7 for my nephew for Christmas, and was thinking i would get the kit kat update on it before i wrapped it. Good thing i used my Google account, because it auto-generated a few emails about my new nexus 7. Had i done what i was going to originally, and used my nephews credentials, the surprise would have been blown. So beware using the recipient's Google account to set up a new device. Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Global Posts
    8,954 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Default Re: READ If You have purchased a nexus tablet as a gift for someone!

Quote Originally Posted by Nitemann View Post
    Thought I should share this. I got a nexus 7 for my nephew for Christmas, and was thinking i would get the kit kat update on it before i wrapped it. Good thing i used my Google account, because it auto-generated a few emails about my new nexus 7. Had i done what i was going to originally, and used my nephews credentials, the surprise would have been blown. So beware using the recipient's Google account to set up a new device. Thanks

Haha, good thinking
    I want to buy one, but for myself My iPad 2 is getting old...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I love my nexus 10, will get a new one if they ever get around to announcing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitemann View Post

Good tip! I had to do something similar last year when I bought a phone for a family member. Don't forget to wipe it before you put it back in the box.