- 4 Posts
My 2013 LTE Nexus 7 received the OTA update yesterday. Since the update, the "OK Google" hot word stopped working, even when swiping up to activate Google Now first. Additionally, the microphone icons is hollow all the time.
Before responding, note that I have already done the following:
- Set default language to English (US)
- Hotword detection, on
- Offline speech recognition set to English (US); v28
- Loaded the GEL (which made absolutely no difference)
In effect, I have lost valuable functionality with the 4.4 update because the only way I can activate voice search now is to tap the icon.
Any suggestions?? Please help.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Last edited by moblgrl; 11-24-2013 at 05:54 PM.
- 11-25-2013, 07:46 PM #3
- 11-26-2013, 04:59 PM #4
- 11-26-2013, 05:13 PM #5
- 11-26-2013, 07:04 PM #6
- 12-12-2013, 10:58 PM #7
- 12-13-2013, 07:00 AM #8
Re: Has anyone else lost Google hot word recognition with 4.4?
As far as I can tell, the mic is hollow when you're outputting to the speakers and when you are not connected to the google services framework (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Something is causing a conflict for you guys, but it's hard to say without knowing more details. I have had the mic go hollow for reasons I couldn't figure out and a reboot has always fixed it for me.
- By QuantumInteger in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 1Last Post: 04-08-2014, 01:26 PM
- By Kooldown in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 18Last Post: 02-24-2014, 01:19 PM
- By lnproy in forum Google Nexus 10 TabletReplies: 6Last Post: 12-07-2013, 05:46 PM
- By dt81 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 39Last Post: 12-04-2013, 01:32 PM
- By zBernie in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 11-24-2013, 04:55 PM