Still no kitkat update for nexus 7 !!! grrrrrr.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
That wasn't Google, that was Samsung, and dimes to dollars it's because it infringed on some Apple patent

Being that I've never seen a side sliding zoom feature on any Apple device I doubt it's an Apple patent.

Patent... lol... I still don't get how the idea of sliding one's finger along the edge of a screen to zoom constitutes a patent. A patent is a working technological design, not just an idea. Oh Apple....

Rev.

opuspuck

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
RE nexus 7 -4.4 Being on the basic/unknowing side of the user spectrum, nervous about this flash thing. Don't even know when or if I'm using it. Does youtube need it? What common things need it ? Why did they take it out if it's so important? Thanks.

hasanglcn

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
i m waiting for this update- good or bad... but there is any possibility to not get it on my device? i do not still get it .... does anyone exist who does not get it yet?

kgbkny

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Being that I've never seen a side sliding zoom feature on any Apple device I doubt it's an Apple patent.

Patent... lol... I still don't get how the idea of sliding one's finger along the edge of a screen to zoom constitutes a patent. A patent is a working technological design, not just an idea. Oh Apple....

Rev.

The same way a rectangle with rounded corners constitutes a patent, I guess!

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
The update for my Nexus 7 LTE was waiting to be installed yesterday when I got home from work.

I think people need to chill out about it. It's coming. It's not that big of a change from 4.3.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I think people need to chill out about it. It's coming. It's not that big of a change from 4.3.

I disagree. I can't see what is wrong with knowing fully the changes, both good and bad, before one updates. Google is quite well known to remove certain features with it's updates, features that are often very important to certain users. Flash for example is disabled across the entire OS with KitKat. Many don't care while many use websites heavily dependent on Flash. Then there are bugs, etc.

Rev.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC