Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: How's your 2013 N7's battery life?

I think there has been a noticeable difference in battery life since my N7 Wifi was updated to Android 4.4. The battery life has definitely decreased. Previously, the largest battery draw would be my screen. Now, it is regularly the Android OS. It's particularly bad overnight. I am thinking of doing a factory reset.

Posted via my Nexus 7

I know someone with an LTE version and you can imagine how bad it is in that case but for me (WiFi version) its OK I take to school everyday and take notes or play dead trigger or MC4 and I end the day with about 40 percent which is good in my book

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013

Got my Qi charger from Newegg (from China, about $28.00). Just search the site for Qi wireless chargers. Only charges at about 2/3 the rate of a direct connection to a 2A charger, but should not be problem unless you are in a hurry. Love not having to mess with connecting the charger to the USB port, less problems with damaging the connector over time.

Thinking of getting the N7 and am interested in battery life on this device. It would be helpful if people would report "time on" instead of percent usage. Time on is a better indicator of battery usage. The biggest drain on battery life is screen on time and screen brightness. So if someone would please fully charge your device then use it for a day and at end of day report:

1. Screen display brightness
    2. Screen on time (get into settings, press battery, then long press screen)
    3. Then report the next four top used items "on time", i.e. Voice Calls, WiFi, Phone Idle, Bluetooth...
    Last edited by PowrDroid; 12-10-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Its hard for me to really judge. On my list of iOS devices it distinguishes between usage time and time since last charge. But on my Nexus 7 there is no distinction. It just shows the time since last battery was connected. So sometimes it's 3 or 4 days, but it might just mean I didn'tuse it all that much. Basically it's hard to tell. I get the feeling that the battery is fine though.

Posted via Android Central App

I use my N7 heavily (lots of youtube and storybook apps for the kid, lots of web browsing and netflix for me) and I have not had a problem making it through a full day.

I'm a ma'am and no you didn't sound rude. I understand what it does system-wise but it's a glitch when it drains most of my battery without me using any local media on my device. I don't have music stored locally, so I don't know why it does it.

I'm getting like between 14 and 20 hours of battery life with roughly 5 hours of on screen time with some gaming, seeing movies and browsing the Web. But I saw people that get between 7 and 9 hours of on screen time. I was thinking about trying greenify or change my kernel because I saw some people that did that and got more battery life time. But I don't really know if I should change my kernel.

Enviado do meu Nexus 7 atravs de Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by douglerner View Post
    Its hard for me to really judge. On my list of iOS devices it distinguishes between usage time and time since last charge. But on my Nexus 7 there is no distinction. It just shows the time since last battery was connected. So sometimes it's 3 or 4 days, but it might just mean I didn'tuse it all that much. Basically it's hard to tell. I get the feeling that the battery is fine though.

If you click on the apps that are shown on the battery usage list, it will show you the time that the app was active.
    And if you click on screen on the battery usage list it'll show you the on screen time

I'm really pleased with mine, it lasts 9-10 hours of heavy usage.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DesireDroid View Post

10 hours of on screen time?

Quote Originally Posted by punkJDJD View Post
    10 hours of on screen time?

Yeah, that's how it's performed since I got it

Yeah, that's how it's performed since I got it

Wow, that's great.
    And you have everything stock?

Wow, that's great.
    And you have everything stock?

Yep, not changed anything from stock

Wow I get 6 hours on a good day of I'm lucky of on screen time o_O

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: how is your battery life for N7 2013?

Same thing happened to me.

What are you doing the most in those 10 hours? Any gaming? Playing Plants vs Zombies 2 on my Nexus 7 drains the battery about 14% every 30 minutes. I don't know if it's just the game that is particularly demanding but I do know that gaming takes a toll on the battery.

I get at least 10 hours screen time with a combination of light Web browsing, e-mail, blog reading using Reader+, and book reading using Kindle app, with the screen at 25% brightness. I'm sure videos, games, and heavy Web browsing use a lot more battery than my usage pattern.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Lamb1 View Post
    What are you doing the most in those 10 hours? Any gaming? Playing Plants vs Zombies 2 on my Nexus 7 drains the battery about 14% every 30 minutes. I don't know if it's just the game that is particularly demanding but I do know that gaming takes a toll on the battery.
    Games will kill a battery real fast.

On the other day in 2 hours my battery got to 50 percent watching a movie in full brightness.

On the other day in 2 hours my battery got to 50 percent watching a movie in full brightness.
    The screen can use an amazing amount of power if you set the brightness way up, or set the screen to auto brightness and use the device in a bright area.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12