Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just curious, mine is at 50% for 1 days 15 hours

the top 5 are

screen 15%
tablet idle 14%
android OS 14%
wifi 13%
GT Racing 2 - 11% (27m 9 s only CPU total)

not sure if this is good or bad

alcathoe

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: how is your battery life for N7 2013?

I have been disappointed with battery life so far, average between 4-5 hours on a charge, with brightness turned down and checking to make sure there are no apps running in the background, My current breakdown is
81% on 14 h 16m 52 s
Screen 20%
Tablet Idle 12%
WiFi 12%
Dead Trigger 2 11m 35s
Real Racing 10m 50s Even when I refrain from games, battery life isn't any better

Posted via Android Central App

gameson

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

that's what I thought as well, hence the thread. I think that the battery life on N7 sucks considering KitKat is supposedly improve it.

alcathoe

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site

It certainly hasn't matched the initial reviews which were claiming almost 8 hours of battery life per charge.

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site

It's not great but certainly not bad either I get around 6 to 7 hours and 9 hours on a good day

Android_1234

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site

Not a big fan of the battery life.
My current breakdown is:
22% on 4D 2H 30M
Android OS 28%
Tablet idele 18%
WiFi 17%
Google Services 13%
Screen 8% (Time on 1h 25m)
Chrome 3%
Camera 2%
Android System 2%
Mediaserver 2%
Google Search 2%

bontjes

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site

I have no problem getting mine to last all day. Probably 6-8 hours of us here as well. From the time I wake up to I go to bed.

I've also had mine play Pandora for 8 hours straight at work and I still get the full night out it.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S 3

chemgeek

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Battery life depends on CPU usage. If you play video games, or computationally intensive applications like chess engines, then you can chew up battery in as little as an hour or two. For typical use (web browsing, email, e-book reading, intermittent video streaming) it should last all day without a charge. I put mine on the charger when I go to bed and take it with me in the morning. Rarely needs a daytime top-up charge.

bontjes

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site

Battery life depends on CPU usage. If you play video games, or computationally intensive applications like chess engines, then you can chew up battery in as little as an hour or two. For typical use (web browsing, email, e-book reading, intermittent video streaming) it should last all day without a charge. I put mine on the charger when I go to bed and take it with me in the morning. Rarely needs a daytime top-up charge.

No difference so far.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S 3

geekynerd00

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site

Mine seems to be anywhere from 6 hours (heavy duty gaming and video watching) to 14-15 hours (web browsing/ebook reading). That always present "media server" app or process is always slurping some of the battery. Its 2013 and that bug is still around?

anonymosu2042

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site

Mine seems to be anywhere from 6 hours (heavy duty gaming and video watching) to 14-15 hours (web browsing/ebook reading). That always present "media server" app or process is always slurping some of the battery. Its 2013 and that bug is still around?

Dear sir, that is not a bug. The media server is used to acess locally stored media files. So some media on the device must be being acessed.

If i sound rude/snappy i am sorry.

What if i told you

android is superior to ios

gerryp123

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

Not sure how to evaluate and compare battery life since it all depends on choice of services and usage.
An the average I use N7(2013 w/KK) for podcasts (about 40 min/day off-line; ); email (about 30 min/day over several instances); general on-line internet stuff (about 60 min/day); offline book reading (about an hour); occasional video (30 min/day average).
Bluetooth and gps only as needed (rarely); wifi "on" as needed. Screen brightness at about 25%
Single charge (100% to 10%) generally lasts about a week or more.

Seems fine to me since I always have the opportunity to re-charge, as needed.
What do think?

Gary300

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

My Nexus 7 2013 lives on a Qi wireless charger next to me, so charging is not a problem. I used to have a VOX tablet that would only last about 4 hours on a charge :(. I did take my Nexus 7 on vacation this summer with no WiFi available so I was just reading books and playing games around 4 hrs per day and was able to go 4-3 days without recharging.

Tia Ganter

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site

I received my nexus 7 last night charged it to 100% and unplugged it to play for a bit. I set it down on my night stand when I went to bed woke up and it was dead.

any thoughts on this? Should I return it?

alcathoe

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site

Did you leave your WiFi, Bluetooth, or location services on, all drain the battery.Also factor in the brightness of the screen, another battery drainer if kept on high. Finally could be an app running in the background, even if you thought you had closed it, check settings, apps and those running still. I know I have had a problem in the past with media server, a huge battery hog.

Tia Ganter

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site

Did you leave your WiFi, Bluetooth, or location services on, all drain the battery.Also factor in the brightness of the screen, another battery drainer if kept on high. Finally could be an app running in the background, even if you thought you had closed it, check settings, apps and those running still. I know I have had a problem in the past with media server, a huge battery hog.
I'll check those things, I know my wifi for sure was on.. but I'll look into the other things you mentioned! But seriously it'll drain out overnight!? I feel like since I have virtually nothing on it it seems quite impossible for a battery to completely drain out on standby.. but hopefully these tricks will help and I can test it out tonight
thanks!!

alcathoe

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site

You're welcome. It has been a trial and error experience for me trying to prolong battery life. You might also look into battery apps and task managers, though there are varying opinions as to whether they actually help. I have installed both, think they make a slight difference, check them out in Google Play Store. Also forgot to mention Currents is another battery drainer, anyway best of luck.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Even with Wifi on you should have had minimal drain. The only caveat is that if you Wifi is marginal or you device sees a lot of other Wifi access point. Then you device can start using power as it tries to connect/disconnect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt