Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Kit Kat 4.4 Bluetooth Volume Messed Up

Kit kat 4.4 bluetooth volume is messed up.....when I use my BT speakers, the VOL is on max, and sliders are goofy....found lots of same probs by others on the interwebs
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Kit Kat 4.4 Bluetooth Volume Messed Up

It looks like kikat is loaded with bugs !!

This is also the case with the Nexus 5. Hopefully, there is KK update soon that addresses bunch of the bugs.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yep....but I'll tell ya, it wakes you up went it goes on max volume...ha ha

I'm using a My Vision BT speaker and with Kitkat it now sputters (like a phone conversation breaking up). It only does this with video though, music and phone conversation is fine. I'm just using the stereo plug until a fix comes out.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Angry Re: Kit Kat 4.4 Bluetooth Volume Messed Up

Good grief... First time I've listened to music here at work with my bluetooth headphones on my KitKat Nexus 7. I'm almost deaf after trying to figure out what the hell is going on. Volume on my bluetooth device used to be separate from my Nexus 7 tablet so I had 2 layers of volume.

Just one + hit on my bluetooth headset makes the volume unbearable. Hitting - once turns off the headset completely. Trying to modify the volume in ANYWAY on the Nexus 7 automatically reverts to MAX volume no matter what you do, how many times you drag it to a low volume.

Really not cool.

Yes, I'm awake now. No need for a second cup of coffee. And wow I didn't know these headphones could go so loud.

Edit: Tested on Moto X - at least it's opposite on my Moto X. I can't modify volume from my bluetooth headset but it works on the phone. Looks like it's somewhat working... From the feedback I get changing volume settings, it looks like it's using 100% the volume control on the headset. Vs before with Pre-KitKat I had 2 levels of volume (phone's output volume and the headset volume).
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Android 4.2.2.........update...I just got it, fixed blue tooth volume max bug..............yeah baby

How did you go back from 4.4 to 4.2.2? My volume with 4.4 is a mess going to my TDK A33 BT speaker and was fine before the upgrade. I really need that volume control back. Let me know please.

Quote Originally Posted by dave cioch View Post
    How did you go back from 4.4 to 4.2.2? My volume with 4.4 is a mess going to my TDK A33 BT speaker and was fine before the upgrade. I really need that volume control back. Let me know please.
    I wonder if that was supposed to be 4.4.2 which is the latest update.

Update: I also paired with a friends Bluetooth speaker. Phones volume bar was extremely erratic.
    I want my volume control back!!! This is extremely annoying.
    My phone: Moto X. My Bluetooth speaker: TDK A33 (very highly recommended)

Global Posts
    702 Global Posts

Get the app called Hearing Saver. I think it will do what you want.

Sent from my LG G2 with Tapatalk

Upgrading my Razr Maxx HD was a nightmare. Everything started freaking out and yes, bluetooth lost about 50% of it's quality. Not only did playing music start cutting in and out, but phone calls started jumping around. If my bluetooth was on, it would jump over to speaker randomly.

It was REALLY FRUSTRATING!!!

I finally did a factory reset on my phone and it appeared to help quite a bit. I think perhaps several of my apps where not Kit Kat compatible because since I did the reset it's running MUCH better. NOTE: the bluetooth phone calls seem better, but I have not tested the audio streaming yet.

Admittedly, I had alot of apps on my phone and now I have the bare minimum, but boy does it run better and the battery is lasting much longer.