Best price on Nexus 7 / sales?

vlee

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm contemplating getting a Nexus 7. (I don't know why - I have a 10" Toshiba Thrive that I rarely use, but I like the idea of having a larger version of my Nexus 4).

So since the holidays are coming, not to mention Black Friday, I was wondering if anyone knew of any good deals on them?

(Although, after I came to this forum, I saw a bunch of issues with 4.4, so should I be concerned? I'm running that on my phone with no problems).

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm contemplating getting a Nexus 7. (I don't know why - I have a 10" Toshiba Thrive that I rarely use, but I like the idea of having a larger version of my Nexus 4).

So since the holidays are coming, not to mention Black Friday, I was wondering if anyone knew of any good deals on them?

(Although, after I came to this forum, I saw a bunch of issues with 4.4, so should I be concerned? I'm running that on my phone with no problems).

here is a deal for $179. this is the best you can get at the moment. its a 1 day sale so act fast http://www.droid-life.com/2013/11/2...unt-on-tablets-brings-nexus-7-2013-to-179-99/

most 4.4 problems are because they update after using the device with 4.3 for a while. since u will be on 4.4 when u use it u ll have the least problem

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I like it a lot its really the bang for buck ratio that drew me in and as for the bugs there not to bad at least on mine but the advantage that you already know is that you get all the updates until 2015 and plus its an all around fun tablet and the screen is really nice and I saw a deal at sams club for 199 for 16 GB I think and 229 for 32

Hope this helps!

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

anon(536616)

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the advice on this! Heading over to Staples after work today...called and they have a 32GB in stock and with the coupon it'll be $219 plus tax.

vlee

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the link to Staples. I ended up not getting the tablet... yet. I kept thinking maybe I should get an LTE one, which is probably sillier for me to do than getting a 2nd tablet, LOL. So decided to wait and see if I could get the urge out of my system.

However, because of the link, I discovered that Staples also had a 25% off coupon. I'd been wanting a Logitech trackball for my laptop. Turns out that the Staples site had it on sale for $39 (equivalent to Amazon) and better than a lot of other sites. At the store, they were charging $49, but when I questioned it, they gave me the online price and I used the 25% off coupon for a good deal.

This did remind me, though, to keep an eye on the Staples site because they do have good deals sometimes.

Meanwhile, maybe people can continue to post if they see good deals because I'll still keep looking and I'd imagine it would help people for holiday shopping.

vlee

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I actually saw that when they offered it several weeks ago. (They must have a bunch to unload). I think I want the newer one, though.