Visit site
Just curious what issues people are encountering with the 4.4 update

Sorry if there's already an official forum

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Flash no longer works on 3rd party browsers. That's it for me, everything else is fine. (and frankly, I didn't use Flash very much at all, so I'm not upset about it.)

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Ya I never used flash much either the biggest issue I'm having is that widgets can take a very long time to load and sometimes the app drawer crashes

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Ya I never used flash much either the biggest issue I'm having is that widgets can take a very long time to load and sometimes the app drawer crashes

Have you done a factory reset? I had to do that to get the GPS working properly.

eclein

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
My bluetooth audio volume is maxed out at slightest touch of volume control. I use a Sony SBH20 bluetooth receiver with my in ear monitors and the volume control on my nexus 7 now maxes out instantly, no control at all. If I adjust volume on the Sony receiver I can get some control but any accidental volume change on the nexus or the app sends the volume straight to max. I read somewhere on here I thought about some folks having the issue but my search turned up nothing.
Anybody else having this issue? Is there a fix??

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

bontjes

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
My bluetooth audio volume is maxed out at slightest touch of volume control. I use a Sony SBH20 bluetooth receiver with my in ear monitors and the volume control on my nexus 7 now maxes out instantly, no control at all. If I adjust volume on the Sony receiver I can get some control but any accidental volume change on the nexus or the app sends the volume straight to max. I read somewhere on here I thought about some folks having the issue but my search turned up nothing.
Anybody else having this issue? Is there a fix??

I had this issue today. It was either loud or extra loud. No control at all.

(LG blue tooth headset)

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S 3

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
So far, only two things are annoying me about Kit Kat:

(1) The absence of the upload and download arrows on the WiFi symbol in the status bar.

(2) The absence of the blinking/steady GPS notification to indicate searching/locked-in GPS.

Things I'm liking:

(1) White color of status bar icons.

(2) No more sticky keys.

(3) Transparent soft keys and status bar in home screen.

(4) Everything seems snappier.

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if this is Kitkat related.

Chrome, when scrolling and then stopping to tap a link 90‰ of the time before I can tap it scrolls again without me touching it maybe 1 or 2 lines and then when I tap I end up tapping the wrong thing. It's really hurting my enjoyment of browsing a lot.

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Here's an idea go to developer options if u don't have just tap the build number and force GPU rendering maybe this will work

Hope this works!