Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default nexus 7 2013 after kitkat update

Did you notice any difference after kitkat update? I noticed my nexus 7 charges faster after the update and I don't encounter the annoying ghost taps more frequently(or maybe it's because i cover my tablet with cloth before I sleep). The ghost taps i think is due to moisture , the screen of the 2nd gen nexus 7 is super sensitive.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: nexus 7 2013 after kitkat update

The tab has been slightly laggier after the update

Posted via Android Central App from Nexus 7 2013
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Mine feels snappier. That's weird

Posted via Android Central App

I've only had KK for a day, but I notice that it takes a few seconds longer to boot up after a conld start. Also notification apps (battery, outside temp, calendar, time of day, etc) take about a minute to appear -- about twice as long as with 4.3. On the other hand, my (Poetic) magnetic-wakeup case seems to now function reliably, whereas with 4.3 I needed to keep wifi "on" to wake-up when case was opened. Notifications appear instantly.
    Not too big a problem (yet). I'll simply turn on N7 once in the AM and let mywake-up case do its thing during the rest of the day. Interested in seeing how this affects battery drain (less grain with KK I'm told).