Google Books on Nexus 7

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I haven't ever used Google Books until today. I got a free book from the Play Store, I had to install Google Books in order to open it and read it. The app seems great, nice interface and everything. Now, I've been trying to figure out where these books are stored? I've searched everywhere but wasn't able to find an answer. I'd like to be able to read the books on my computer, ereader, etc. not just on my Nexus 7.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Since they're usually different file types from different sources you may need more than one reader app (not sure but I did). I used Kindle, Aldiko, and Google Play Books since my first Android. And Adobe pdf reader!

I don't understand what you mean by where are the books?

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Since they're usually different file types from different sources you may need more than one reader app (not sure but I did). I used Kindle, Aldiko, and Google Play Books since my first Android. And Adobe pdf reader!

I don't understand what you mean by where are the books?

I was trying to find where the books are stored on the Nexus, I wasn't able to find them. I had to login to the Play Store from my computer and access my books from there, I had the option to download in EPUB format or PDF.

Do you know if Google Books are DRM-protected?

Gazella

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
They are if you have to pay for them. If they're free probably not. :)

Yes, thank you. I bought a paid book and it was DRM protected. I had to strip the DRM in order to convert and read the book on other devices.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4