kit Kat 4.4 kills NETFLIX

Neil Paice

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I am running 4.2.2 I believe, I shall try the development option and see what happens. Thankyou.

Sorry, forgot to ask but what is the difference between the runtimes? Sorry but I am a bit new to the android thing being an apple boy for a long time.

Posted from my nexus 4

Last edited by a moderator:

Barracuda7772

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Sorry my bad, its 4.4.2

Posted from my nexus 4

Your not the only one, alot of tech sites made the same mistake

I can honestly say im dumbfounded as to why your Netflix is stuttering i have a stock 32gig nexus 7 2013 on 4.4.2 using the Android Runtime over Dalvik and ive seen nothing but speed improvments

I can honestly say I can't wait to get android 5.0 when it comes out because this is the longest running android number since gingerbread and 4.0 from 2.3 was a MASSIVE update

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Neil Paice

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is related but I was watching a movie on the 10 last night and it ran fine all the time it was on one scene it seemed, once the camera angle changed or another scene occurred a half second or so later it seems to stutter, and when I say stutter its more like a frame jump. Its small but I notice it. On the Netflix app it seems to be the same, maybe a coincidence? You tube seems ok but I usually watch things like pocket now which has a pretty stationary camera set up so no cuts from camera to camera. Or very few.
I am a little disappointed as I had high hopes for the 10, especially as its got much better specs than my iPad 2, I don't want to do a comparison as that's not my intention but.......the iPad runs Netflix much better even if it does load a bit slower, I shall not be getting rid of the 10 but I'm a bit gutted unless someone else has had a similar problem and can say oh it needs to go back as its an issue.

Posted from my nexus 4

James Brady

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
my netflix app on my nexus 7 2013 has audio issues every so often it "judders" as some have discribed...
it is only when it is playing HD content, its fine on jelly bean 4.3.1.....
the video stays fine the whole time but i get the odd audio skip... its every so often like it can't handle it
even when i enable performance power settings, I have tried slimkat, cyanogenmod, stock.... doesnt really matter, fine on JB.....

its like the thing can't handle it

im told the nexus 7 is the first android device by netflix to support 1080p video
and yea it seems that kitkat breaks it and I would have thot by now they would have caught on and done something
but I have gotten 2 updates and still the same thing....

its very frustrating....

xbmc, vlc... all that handle 1080p mkv no prob....
just yea netflix cant seem to handle it anymore...
when I play sd content like the trailer park boys everything is just fine.

Sassi666

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes I get occasional audio skips on kitkat too with Netflix. It's fine on other platforms

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

gr8scottr

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issues after update with Netflix. Tried Uninstallin and restall, still it was jittery. Then I turned the damn tablet off and turning it back on and all is fine.

Ingrid Belles

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
I thought it was just me not knowing what I was doing however now I know. I just wasted money on a KitKat 4.4 android that will never give me my desired Netflix. How does this even happen? Too much technology? Thanx geeks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz