Share button

spackmanstephen

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
The majority of apps and even Chrome seem to be directing me to Twitter when i want to share something.

Any ideas as to how I can correct this?

Posted via Nexus 7 (2013)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Usually, when you press the Share button (i.e., the angled line with the 3 dots), you should get a list of all apps that you can share with. Just to the right of the Share button is a quick-share button, which you can customize. I wonder if this is what you're referring to. Do you see a share button with the Twitter logo, and is that what you're pressing? You can change that default by long-pressing it, then selecting a different app.

sibeans

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Same prob here, after selecting a particular app to share, everything else defaults to that option. Maybe uninstalling that problem app will fix the problem?

Posted from my "CrackDroid" Nexus 4 via the Android Central App

sibeans

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
There's been a lot of this floating around recently. It happened to me with sharing from gmail. I went to Settings --> Apps --> Menu (the three dots) and then "reset app preferences" and it did the trick.

This works.

spackmanstephen

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Same prob here, after selecting a particular app to share, everything else defaults to that option. Maybe uninstalling that problem app will fix the problem?

It seems to be Chrome that's having the issue. Deleted and reinstalled, but seems to of not solved the problem. Cleared Chrome data etc, but still doing it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so if I understand correctly, when you're using Chrome and you tap the option to Share a page, it just goes straight to Twitter, without showing you the whole list of apps to share with, right? It's weird, and shouldn't happen. What happens if you go to Settings/Apps, select Twitter, and tap Clear Defaults?

sibeans

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Bizarre.. Won't let me clear defaults for chrome either.

Truly stumped.

The clearing defaults on individual apps won't do anything because the option won't be highlighted/clickable....going to settings > hamburger menu > reset all will fix the issue

Sent from my "CrackDroid" Nexus 4 using the Mobile Nations App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I suggested clearing defaults in case Twitter had ever been selected as an "Always" default, but you're right, if it never was, then the button will be grey.

What's a hamburger menu? Mmmmm, hamburger ...

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited: