1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question notepad app for this tablet?

is there any similar apps like the notepad in windows? or is there one already installed?

Default Re: notepad app for this tablet?

I've been using Google Keep and has work very well for me. Syncs to the cloud and easily accessible on my N7 or my HTC One.

I just wish it would one day allow handwritten notes.

I use JotterPad HD. It's a very minimalistic app which makes it perfect for quickly writing down small notes.
    Thanked by:

I use Color Note.

I've been using AK Notepad (it's free) for years now. It's very much like the iOS notepad app - extremely simple, just looks like a page. Works perfect for what I need it for.

Rev.
    Galaxy S3
    Ubuntu Linux 10.04
    IT Tech

What do you need the app to do, or not do? Simple notes? Writing code without worry of autocorrect (this is a common advantage to Notepad)?
    Tablets: 2nd gen Nexus 7 32gb, 1st gen Nexus 7 16gb
    Phone: Droid MAXX
    Retired: OG Droid, Droid RAZR (RIP), Galaxy Nexus (backup phone)

Do you want to able simply type up quick note or to draw notes as well?

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts

Someone in another thread recommended B-Folders. It turns out to be pretty awesome, IMO. It is a bit more than just a note taking app too. I replaced two apps with it... One for taking notes and one for keeping passwords. And it will sync its database across all devices... using WiFi!

The android app is free and complete. The desktop app which I haven't installed yet, but probably will, costs a whopping $29.95 for a license. It's not a required piece of the puzzle but would allow for editing to be done on a PC. Screenshots look very cool.

Check it out.

I have Keep, but I wanted something easily shared like when I go grocery shopping and my wife can add or delete things while I am out. Ended up just sharing a document in Google drive in a share folder. Google Keep does store to your Drive account but you cannot indicate where, such as in a shared folder. This works fine for us. You can even see when the other person is adding or deleting an item.
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NoraMelua View Post

I use JotterPad HD. It's a very minimalistic app which makes it perfect for quickly writing down small notes.
    Thanks for the heads up on that .......I got the Jotter Pad X update and it was exactly what I was looking for......something quick and easy to log notes. I was using Simple Notepad prior.

I use notecase pro.

This multi platform note manager is awesome in Windows and Linux. Though not as developed, the companion android version is also quite good.

Can have a hierarchy of notes, with or without formatting, with or without encryption and a very responsive author. My favorite.