1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Turn off auto synch for apps?

Just wondering if this will improve my battery life as I have synch turned off for everything but mail at present but still have battery issues. I had a fully charged battery last night, always check settings for running apps, used night mode in Battery Widget Reborn and found this the battery down to 78% with various games and Google Play running in the background, though they had been turned off and mediaserver at 80%. Now I had issues in the past with mediaserver, but thought that had been resolved by turning off Currents and keeping an eye on turning off apps I didn't want running in the background. Should I do another factory reset, or power off every night instead ?

Default Re: Turn off auto synch for apps?

An important thing to know would be what your total screen time is like. If you're using your N7 a lot, and the screen is on a lot, that will use the most battery. Total screen-on time is still going to be around 5-6 hrs, maybe even 4 if you're using CPU-intensive apps.

Turning auto-sync off should give you a little improvement, but it will probably be small. If you have wi-fi on all of the time, I'd guess that contributes more to battery use.

Review this guide for more tips: [Guide] Battery Saving Tips
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Screen times average 4 hours after a full charge. Only keep wifi on when checking mail or using a news app, otherwise turned off as is location services. That is why I am wondering if it has always been a battery issue that is getting worse over time. Was using a wake lock app but since the update that no longer works

What games are you playing? Some of them can be pretty processor intensive, and therefore use up more battery.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Dead Trigger 2, Riptide GP 2, but not more than 10 - 15 minutes per game. stopped playing Asphalt 8 and Real Racing to see if that would make a difference, but it hasn't, in fact battery drain has been worse. There must be something rogue running but can't seem to find it when I check settings or use System Panel Lite. Plus my screen time had been stuck at 26 minutes, though I had used the device at least an hour on and off today, now it's showing 30 minutes.

Have you tried a cache partition wipe? [GUIDE] Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013) Cache Partition Wipe

Posted via Android Central App
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks for the tip and the link