1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default AT&T wrong SIM (no 4G LTE)?

Since we got the new Nexus 7 for my wife and she moved the SIM card from her 1st gen Nexus 7 we have not received LTE coverage, only HSPA+.

We went to the AT&T store to trouble shoot it and the representative gave us a new card with the same result. After trouble shooting the device with Google Play support, they sent us a replacement device. The new device has exactly the same issue, leading me to suspect that this was not a problem with the Nexus but that instead there is something wrong with the SIM cards AT&T keeps giving us. Perhaps they still have my wife registered as a HSPA+ user?

I wouldn't be surprised because it always seems like 8 out of 10 AT&T representatives have no clue what they're doing, yet pretend they know it all. What is of course infuriating is that it seems that Google may have lost a perfectly functioning Nexus device for no reason at all.

Global Posts
    6,221 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: AT&T wrong SIM (no 4G LTE)?

I would simply dial 611 from your AT&T handset and when connected to a rep ask them if that line is configured properly for LTE. Also, of course, if you have a phone that has LTE you could try the SIM in your Nexus 7 too but you may have already tried that.
    Live long and prosper.

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I have done that multiple times, and went to an AT&T store. Everybody confirmed that it is configured for LTE, but then they are simply incapable of figuring out why it does not connect to LTE. It's pathetic really.

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    I would simply dial 611 from your AT&T handset and when connected to a rep ask them if that line is configured properly for LTE. Also, of course, if you have a phone that has LTE you could try the SIM in your Nexus 7 too but you may have already tried that.

Global Posts
    6,221 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Did they have you check the mobile networks on the Nexus?

gp8.3
    Live long and prosper.

Same thing happened to me, except I was restricted to 2G. The reps at the AT&T store switched out the SIM, but that didn't help. They insisted that it was the fault of the tablet. A call to technical support got it straightened out and I now have LTE. It was not the SIM, the problem was that the account was restricted to 2G. Doesn't say much for the expertise of the AT&T in-store reps.
    Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules