Nexus7 (2013) 4.4.2 Update

davechampion

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Good Morning

I have downloaded the 4.4.2 update for my Nexus 7 2013 as the 4.4 version for me has been very unstable (crashing and restarting very often)

I have rooted my device and run TWRP.

I have tried to flash the 53mb file from the device and using Nexus root toolkit 1.79 and it comes up as failed during the process so not sure why this is happening.

Has anyone else had this issue or does anybody have any ideas about what to do, I have looked at the zip contents with 7Zip and it seems to contain all the stuff that I need.

Am hoping that the update will help sort out the issues I have been having with 4.4

I have also tried ADB Sideload and that also failed

I received the message

Code:
"/system/lib/hw/power.msm8960.so" has unexpected contents.
E:Error in tmp/update.zip
(Status 7)
Instalation Aborted

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Got 4.4.2 yesterday and no issues at all. As a matter of fact it doesn't seem like anything has changed really.

Posted via Android Central App

Win7ine

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
OTA seems to have been pulled already as I got my update from 4.4.1 to 4.4.2 last night and a colleague still on 4.4 cannot get it anymore today. Or does 4.4.2 imply 4.4.1?

callanish

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
4.4.2 feels more touch accurate now. 4.4, for me, was making a lot of touch errors and I would also have to keep pressing the screen multiple times to get it to register. There's an obvious improvement for me with 4.4.2, plus scrolling feels smoother.

Also, a quick check with the modified flash apk shows that Flash still works fine with the Dolphin Browser app.

callanish

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I did the google framework trick deleting the app data and force stopping the app. Took me 4 attempts, but then the update popped up and that's basically how I've received all my upgrades instead of waiting for the auto update.

amston

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Got it in CT last night on my nexus 7 2013 32gb wifi. Seems that scrolling is a bit smoother. Had some momentary screen freezes before this and they seem to be gone as well. Performance seems a bit snappier in overall.

MartialText

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar issue updating my HTC 1 to 4.3. It was rooted and running TWRP (I was still running the stock ROM). After trying every work-around I could think of, I ended up having to unroot/relock and install an early stock version of the carrier ROM. After that, everything updated and things have been fine since. In the past, I had no trouble getting updates on rooted devices. I'm wondering if the powers that be have done something with the code so that it causes issues on rooted devices...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tgksnow