Robin's Google Nexus 7 2013 Thread

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks when downloading apps from the play store, I see a quick flash once the app is installing...like there's a screen glitch. Just in the play store. I recently redid everything and the new update. This was happening before.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Anyone have this issue?

I've never seen that. Is your tablet brand new, or refurbished? Do you notice any other problems with performance?

kenyee

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site

Hi might mean the "old CRT TV shutting off" animation? Looks like the screen collapses into a horizontal line and then it blips out.
Youngsters might not remember this :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

My Razr Maxx does that when the screen shuts off (love that, by the way), but it shouldn't happen each time an app is installed.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: nova launcher update

Good point.:p I'm using it on my Razr Maxx running 4.1.2, so it's nice to pretend.

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site

What happens is the lower part of the play store flashes ...OK for instance I'm installing a game and under the explanation.... You see other apps the developer did...well those show up in a split second

Posted via Android Central App

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site

Hi might mean the "old CRT TV shutting off" animation? Looks like the screen collapses into a horizontal line and then it blips out.
Youngsters might not remember this :)

Speaking of that effect.......man I wish they would change back to the old simple fade out it used to be like. I cant stand this TV off effect. It looks like the graphics are blowing up and the display is totally glitching out. It makes this nice high tech mobile device look cheap and clunky. I know its sort of trivial....but man it leaves me with the feeling your graphic display just broke as it turns off.

japhule

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

I like that Nova lets you utilize the transparent notification bars and buttons unlike the stock launcher on the N7.

Barracuda7772

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site

I've got a transparent notification bar with GEL that the nexus 5 is rocking along with "ok google" from my home screen and Google now only a Swipe away

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

CoolBeit

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site

I've got a transparent notification bar with GEL that the nexus 5 is rocking along with "ok google" from my home screen and Google now only a Swipe away

Nova has plenty of advantages without losing much of the kitkat functionality/aesthetics. But I'm with yoiu - I'm finding myself using "ok google" way more than I thought I would, so I just can't make the switch.

Barracuda7772

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site

Nova has plenty of advantages without losing much of the kitkat functionality/aesthetics. But I'm with yoiu - I'm finding myself using "ok google" way more than I thought I would, so I just can't make the switch.

Its just so damn cool. I have a windows phone 8 device and im excited for cortana hopefully it's as useful as google

CoolBeit

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site

Its just so damn cool. I have a windows phone 8 device and im excited for cortana hopefully it's as useful as google

Offtopic, but what wp8 device do you have and are you happy with it? I have played with that OS and I really love how smooth it is, but I can't justify buying a device as I'm just too heavily invested in google services (and the Nexus' unlockable bootloaders are a big deal to me).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX