1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default nova launcher update

Its wonderful! Great Kit Kat feel.

Posted via Android Central App
    B. Diddy likes this.

Default Re: nova launcher update

Agreed. Very nice look!

I'm not following a kitkat feel on a device that has 4.4.2 kitkat? Hmmmm.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Good point. I'm using it on my Razr Maxx running 4.1.2, so it's nice to pretend.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

You have the best of both worlds...a great launcher that doesn't take away from kitkat

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I like that Nova lets you utilize the transparent notification bars and buttons unlike the stock launcher on the N7.

Installed it last night. So far, so good.

I've got a transparent notification bar with GEL that the nexus 5 is rocking along with "ok google" from my home screen and Google now only a Swipe away

Quote Originally Posted by Barracuda7772 View Post
    I've got a transparent notification bar with GEL that the nexus 5 is rocking along with "ok google" from my home screen and Google now only a Swipe away

Nova has plenty of advantages without losing much of the kitkat functionality/aesthetics. But I'm with yoiu - I'm finding myself using "ok google" way more than I thought I would, so I just can't make the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolBeit View Post
    Nova has plenty of advantages without losing much of the kitkat functionality/aesthetics. But I'm with yoiu - I'm finding myself using "ok google" way more than I thought I would, so I just can't make the switch.
    Its just so damn cool. I have a windows phone 8 device and im excited for cortana hopefully it's as useful as google

Its just so damn cool. I have a windows phone 8 device and im excited for cortana hopefully it's as useful as google

Offtopic, but what wp8 device do you have and are you happy with it? I have played with that OS and I really love how smooth it is, but I can't justify buying a device as I'm just too heavily invested in google services (and the Nexus' unlockable bootloaders are a big deal to me).

Offtopic, but what wp8 device do you have and are you happy with it? I have played with that OS and I really love how smooth it is, but I can't justify buying a device as I'm just too heavily invested in google services (and the Nexus' unlockable bootloaders are a big deal to me).
    I felt the same way so I bought a 100 doller lumia 520 and honestly it has a snapdragon s4 plus at 1 gig, an adreno 305 and 512 mb of ram and ive never once had my phone lag

. Well as per the usual app resumes but that happens on all of them. I was very pleasantly surprised.

I believe from now on my phone will be windows phone and my tablet will be android.... Love my 32gig nexus 7 2013

Thanked by:

Unfortunately the bootloader on windows phones are locked down pretty hard. A few Samsung ones have been opened but if your getting a windows phone your dumb to not go Nokia in my opinion they have so many added features not available on other windows phones

Not to mention exclusive apps

Thanked by:

Unfortunately the bootloader on windows phones are locked down pretty hard. A few Samsung ones have been opened but if your getting a windows phone your dumb to not go Nokia in my opinion they have so many added features not available on other windows phones

Not to mention exclusive apps

Yeah, the lumia 920 was the first time I started lusting after a windows phone and they have only gotten more appealing since that time. And that really is a nicer mobile OS than people give it credit for. But for every phone I've ever owned (including a couple iphones), I always feel the urge to start tinkering/modding after a few months. Right now I'm on my first Nexus phone (N4) and just bought a 2013 N7, and I just don't see myself leaving the Nexus line for awhile.

Yeah, the lumia 920 was the first time I started lusting after a windows phone and they have only gotten more appealing since that time. And that really is a nicer mobile OS than people give it credit for. But for every phone I've ever owned (including a couple iphones), I always feel the urge to start tinkering/modding after a few months. Right now I'm on my first Nexus phone (N4) and just bought a 2013 N7, and I just don't see myself leaving the Nexus line for awhile.
    Well the lumia 525 is launching soon it will be cheap have a faster processor and have a gig of ram it might be fun to grab and just play with who knows you might even like it