Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrew Martonik
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default att or gsm

    I see I can order the nexus 7 with four choices. Could someone explain the difference between the first two options below. I assume the second means I have to have my att sim installed to work, but what does the first one [gsm] mean? I obviously know what wiFi means, bust not sure about the first two. Also, what are the disadvantages and/or advantages to each one. Thanks

    LTE Unlocked (GSM networks)
    LTE Unlocked with AT&T SIM
    LTE Unlocked with T-Mobile SIM
    WiFi only
  2. #2  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,195 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,202 Global Posts

    Default Re: att or gsm

    Quote Originally Posted by techie5 View Post
    I see I can order the nexus 7 with four choices. Could someone explain the difference between the first two options below. I assume the second means I have to have my att sim installed to work, but what does the first one [gsm] mean? I obviously know what wiFi means, bust not sure about the first two. Also, what are the disadvantages and/or advantages to each one. Thanks

    LTE Unlocked (GSM networks)
    LTE Unlocked with AT&T SIM
    LTE Unlocked with T-Mobile SIM
    WiFi only
    IIRC, the only thing different about the LTE Unlocked (GSM networks) (vs. the LTE Unlocked with AT&T SIM and LTE Unlocked with T-Mobile SIM options) is that it doesn't come with a SIM.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: att or gsm

    So that means if I got the one with the att sim card I can have att add it to my account and share the data with my phone?
    Thanks so much
  4. #4  
    Ry
    Ry is online now
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,195 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,202 Global Posts

    Default Re: att or gsm

    Quote Originally Posted by techie5 View Post
    So that means if I got the one with the att sim card I can have att add it to my account and share the data with my phone?
    Thanks so much
    If you're on the right plan for that, yes.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    Thanked by:
  5. #5  

    Default Re: att or gsm

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    IIRC, the only thing different about the LTE Unlocked (GSM networks) (vs. the LTE Unlocked with AT&T SIM and LTE Unlocked with T-Mobile SIM options) is that it doesn't come with a SIM.
    Yup. It's the same hardware capable of running on the same networks regardless of the LTE model you choose. The difference is which SIM card (or no card at all) comes in the box.
    LG Nexus 5 / LG Nexus 4 / HTC One / Sony Xperia ZL // T-Mobile / AT&T
    Ry likes this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: att or gsm

    Hi I'm having problems with the sound on my nexus 7 (2013) it sounds like a tin can, very distorted and crackly and can nearly hear anything when I turn the volumn up, pls advice thanks, very new to technology this diane
  7. #7  

    Default Re: att or gsm

    Quote Originally Posted by Diane Gorham View Post
    Hi I'm having problems with the sound on my nexus 7 (2013) it sounds like a tin can, very distorted and crackly and can nearly hear anything when I turn the volumn up, pls advice thanks, very new to technology this diane
  8. #8  

    Default Re: att or gsm

    Quote Originally Posted by Diane Gorham View Post
    Hi I'm having problems with the sound on my nexus 7 (2013) it sounds like a tin can, very distorted and crackly and can nearly hear anything when I turn the volumn up, pls advice thanks, very new to technology this diane
    You should create your own thread for this issue.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-27-2013, 12:28 AM
  2. To update or not to update that is the ?
    By bryonp in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-13-2013, 10:09 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-13-2013, 02:57 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-12-2013, 04:25 PM
  5. continous or recurring email notification
    By 00pm in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-12-2013, 02:52 PM

Posting Permissions

B