Well I have been out the tablet market a while having purchased my first 10" Advent Vega in 2010.
It wasn't a bad tablet. I rooted and upgraded it but mostly it sat in my sitting room displaying photos and was picked up for surfing the web or playing angry birds. Its still there but using it now seems very sluggish having now owned a new phone that has a much better touch sensitive screen.
Anyway I decided that although I use my phone on the move I really wanted something a bit bigger and was drawn to the Nexus 7. I did try one of the first generation ones and I liked it but moved on. Anyway after trying the new 2013 model I am really impressed and am picking it up from Tesco tomorrow having used some rewards vouchers and a discount voucher to get the 32GB model. I could not decide about the 16 or 32GB version but after checking all my photos and music realised I would be safer with the 32GB version.
So I plan to use it for
1. A more pleasant surfing experience (my android phone too small) on the go/whilst away from home either on WiFi or using my mobiles hot spot. The 10" tablets are just not portable enough for me.
2. Move all my photos and music onto it, though I should probably put my music on my HTC phone ?
3. Would like to dabble in a few games with that lovely screen
4. Watching on line video content like youtube, iplayer and maybe even films and tv series I have etc
5. Checking email accounts etc
The only other model I was tempted by was the Galaxy Tab 3 8" but again thought maybe it was too big.
Anyway I hope this thing works out. I have been into a shop and played with one and the screen is simply stunning. In terms of extra storage I was looking at one of the new small options like the microsd 64G. I think there is another small one just come out rather than a cable etc ? Am I correct in thinking that these work with the latest Android release ? I know before there had been problems from what I read.
Also wondering about charging, stand and cover options but I guess I should do a search here :)