New Owner a few Qs
Well I have been out the tablet market a while having purchased my first 10" Advent Vega in 2010.
It wasn't a bad tablet. I rooted and upgraded it but mostly it sat in my sitting room displaying photos and was picked up for surfing the web or playing angry birds. Its still there but using it now seems very sluggish having now owned a new phone that has a much better touch sensitive screen.
Anyway I decided that although I use my phone on the move I really wanted something a bit bigger and was drawn to the Nexus 7. I did try one of the first generation ones and I liked it but moved on. Anyway after trying the new 2013 model I am really impressed and am picking it up from Tesco tomorrow having used some rewards vouchers and a discount voucher to get the 32GB model. I could not decide about the 16 or 32GB version but after checking all my photos and music realised I would be safer with the 32GB version.
So I plan to use it for
1. A more pleasant surfing experience (my android phone too small) on the go/whilst away from home either on WiFi or using my mobiles hot spot. The 10" tablets are just not portable enough for me.
2. Move all my photos and music onto it, though I should probably put my music on my HTC phone ?
3. Would like to dabble in a few games with that lovely screen
4. Watching on line video content like youtube, iplayer and maybe even films and tv series I have etc
5. Checking email accounts etc
The only other model I was tempted by was the Galaxy Tab 3 8" but again thought maybe it was too big.
Anyway I hope this thing works out. I have been into a shop and played with one and the screen is simply stunning. In terms of extra storage I was looking at one of the new small options like the microsd 64G. I think there is another small one just come out rather than a cable etc ? Am I correct in thinking that these work with the latest Android release ? I know before there had been problems from what I read.
Also wondering about charging, stand and cover options but I guess I should do a search here
- 12-17-2013, 08:12 AM #2
Re: New Owner a few Qs
First off congrats!
Yes you assume correctly about the capabilities of this device. One exception there isn't a microsd card slot on it. you will need an OTG cable to plug in a usb drive and would also need an app to interface. Which app? depends on whether or not you want to root your device.
- 12-17-2013, 10:50 AM #4
- 1,113 Posts
Re: New Owner a few Qs
Also wondering about charging, stand and cover options but I guess I should do a search hereTablets: 2nd gen Nexus 7 32gb, 1st gen Nexus 7 16gb
Phone: Droid MAXX
Retired: OG Droid, Droid RAZR (RIP), Galaxy Nexus (backup phone)
- 12-18-2013, 08:05 PM #5
- 12-19-2013, 06:41 AM #6
- By p1emtangel in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 8Last Post: 01-25-2014, 03:38 PM
- By oldhifi in forum ASUS Transformer Pad TF701Replies: 2Last Post: 12-20-2013, 06:48 PM
- By djr7572 in forum Moto XReplies: 11Last Post: 12-17-2013, 02:14 PM
- By ilzniche in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)Replies: 2Last Post: 12-17-2013, 12:21 AM
- By vhl71 in forum Sony Xperia ZReplies: 1Last Post: 12-16-2013, 12:49 PM