Apps not appearing in 'Recent apps'

NoraMelua

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
This bug surfaced in 4.4 and is still present in 4.4.2: When I minimize an app by pressing the 'recent apps' button, it sometimes (but not always) will not show up in the list. I have to press 'home' and 'recent apps' again to make it appear. Sometimes I have to do this twice, which is extremely annoying. This happens seemingly randomly, making it impossible to reproduce the bug. So far I have not found a single report on this issue. I'm seriously out of ideas what could be done about it, a factory reset did not alleviate the problem.

heeemz

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue, thought this would be resolved with recent patch but it isn't... Is not so critical bug but an irritating one...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

NoraMelua

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
The problem is almost gone since I use the Google Now Launcher. Not completely fixed, but much better.

Posted via Android Central App

aidan noble

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm also having the same problem but mine isn't random it hasn't saved a recent app for the last 5 months, and it's very frustrating not being able to find any solution. No matter what suggestions I have followed, even resetting my phone didn't help.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
No matter what suggestions I have followed, even resetting my phone didn't help.
This forum is for the Nexus 7 (2013) tablet - you're more likely to get help in the specific forum for your device.

If you do need help you'll want to provide:
- device manufacturer/model
- OS version and firmware build
- problem description
- steps you've taken (ex. rebooted, booted into Safe Mode, Factory Reset)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress