1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Odd battery behavior

Can someone explain why my battery does not drain like a ski slope? There is a weird increase in battery life even though it is not plugged in.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Odd battery behavior-uploadfromtaptalk1387636009673.jpg  
    Sent from my Moto X assembled in the USA!!

Default Re: Odd battery behavior

it's not a perfect science. don't sweat the small stuff.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I am concerned because a get random restarts.

Sent from my Moto X assembled in the USA!!

I've not payed much attention since my time between charges is so good (7-10 days for my usage). Every so often I've noticed that the %charge at power-on was higher that it was at prior power-off. Seems a clear violation of the laws of physics and an opportunity for my battery to last forever on a single charge.

Don't sweat it -- probably a glitch in the Battery History software.

Quote Originally Posted by gerryp123 View Post
    I've not payed much attention since my time between charges is so good (7-10 days for my usage). Every so often I've noticed that the %charge at power-on was higher that it was at prior power-off. Seems a clear violation of the laws of physics and an opportunity for my battery to last forever on a single charge.
    Don't sweat it -- probably a glitch in the Battery History software.
    7-10 Days!?! Wow that's great! You must barely use it to get that?

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Can someone explain why my battery does not drain like a ski slope? There is a weird increase in battery life even though it is not plugged in.

I do believe there is a small big in 4.4, if that's the version you are on, that increases your battery percentage even though you aren't charging it. This happens to me on my nexus 5 and then started to happen on my nexus 7 after I updated to 4.4. Although it doesn't increase that much. Only one percent at a time.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by brosko View Post
    7-10 Days!?! Wow that's great! You must barely use it to get that?
    FYI- My daily usage is wifi on (about 1 hr/day) only when checking e-mails, stock mkt; and wifi off for 1hr/day of off-line podcasts, 1 hr/day of off-line book reading. N7 sleeps during much of the day (just like me) and is powered down at night . Screen brightness set to about 40%

Occasionally use N7 for vids (Netflix, You-tube) but.of course, that depletes charge more repidly

Quote Originally Posted by gerryp123 View Post
    FYI- My daily usage is wifi on (about 1 hr/day) only when checking e-mails, stock mkt; and wifi off for 1hr/day of off-line podcasts, 1 hr/day of off-line book reading. N7 sleeps during much of the day (just like me) and is powered down at night . Screen brightness set to about 40%

Occasionally use N7 for vids (Netflix, You-tube) but.of course, that depletes charge more repidly
    Impressive! I find that with the bright screen on this device I only need brightness at about 25% at best.