New to Nexsus7.

rneckinger

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
As I`ve only joined today I`m really no sure if I`m in the right place...but here go`s.
I have just bought,within the last few days,a Nexus7 (32gb) tablet. So far I can`t get it to start up,well I get the "select wi-fi"But that`s it.
I`ve typed in my network and it`s password and is shows that it is conecting which it does.But then up comes: Authentication problem.
And that is it nothing from there on.Am I doing things right if not what am I doing wrong?? This I might add is my first venture into tablets and,so far,it`s not going well.
Many thanks for any replies.
rneckinger.

rneckinger

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't even let you enter your Google credentials?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Hi Tapatalk.
Many thanks for your reply.
I`ve also joined up tp Google GMail as it seems that you have to be signed up to it so that the tablet can work,yes?
So yes I/it can`t see Googles credentials...what ever they are.
rneckinger

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi Tapatalk.
Many thanks for your reply.
I`ve also joined up tp Google GMail as it seems that you have to be signed up to it so that the tablet can work,yes?
So yes I/it can`t see Googles credentials...what ever they are.
rneckinger

Well you don't need to be signed into Google to use the tablet, but you do need to be to use their services.

Can you describe the authentication error a little more? Will it not let you advance during the set up process?

I have never experienced this so I'm just trying to get an idea of the problem.

rneckinger

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Well you don't need to be signed into Google to use the tablet, but you do need to be to use their services.

Can you describe the authentication error a little more? Will it not let you advance during the set up process?
Hi.
Again thanks for your reply.
I go from "welcom Page" into "select Wi-Fi" I then select my wi-fi provider.This I had to add to the list as it was not there in the first place. Beneath my provider is "Saved,secured with WPA/WPA2" And from then on it shows,after a time, "Authentification problem" And that`s it zilch from then on. I`ve been on to my provider,AOL, to see if they can help but drew a blank there. So it seems to me that I`m stuck with a dud tablet. The only thing I can do is send it back and not get another one.
rneskinger

I have never experienced this so I'm just trying to get an idea of the problem.

Last edited:

tutor

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Prior to sending it back I would go to a location that has an open or free wifi access point like a restaurant or mall and attempt to connect on to there system. That will ensure as alluded before that your not entering something incorrect on your home network.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Also try rebooting the router. You can do so by unplugging its power, waiting 10 seconds, then plugging it back in again.

Posted via Android Central App