Launcher Question

snake02_78

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Are there any launchers that allow you to organise the app drawer in the same way as Samsung Touchwiz? I like to be able to put my most used apps on the first page and put little used ones into folders out of the way.

Posted via Android Central App

snake02_78

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Cheers. I'd tried Go launcher and it doesn't do it. I didn't want to spend any more money and find another launcher that couldn't do what I wanted.

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Aviate, Action, Smart, Apex, Nova will all allow it. Order based on my preference.

Edit: take Action off that list. I still prefer it over the launchers listed after it though.

snake02_78

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Aviate, Action, Smart, Apex, Nova will all allow it. Order based on my preference.

Edit: take Action off that list. I still prefer it over the launchers listed after it though.

Unless I'm missing something nova only let's me have my apps in alphabetical order the same as the stock launcher. Do any of the ones you listed let me have any order I want? I don't want to be paying for more that don't do it.

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Unless I'm missing something nova only let's me have my apps in alphabetical order the same as the stock launcher. Do any of the ones you listed let me have any order I want? I don't want to be paying for more that don't do it.

Aviate and Smart both auto organize your apps into the categories they belong in. For example if you install MX video player, those launchers will automatically recognize that it's a multimedia app and place it in a movie/music category like "media" or "entertainment" or whatever title each launcher uses. So far they're the only launchers that do this. Both of them use non-traditional app drawers that slide out from the sides by a left or right swipe gesture. The auto organization works very well, but in case you disagree with their categorization, they both allow you to manually change things. The main difference between Aviate and Smart's app drawers is that Aviate also has a further swipe from the categorized apps into an alphabetical list so you have two ways to view them.

Action Launcher also uses a slide out app drawer but it's a vertically scrolling alphabetical list that you can't put into categories of your own. Still works decently enough.

Nova and Apex are both built on AOSP and use that style of app drawer but on top of that they both have the same method of making app categories. You manually create your own named 'tabs' in the app drawer and then manually move apps into the tabs you created for each category you chose.

snake02_78

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Aviate and Smart both auto organize your apps into the categories they belong in. For example if you install MX video player, those launchers will automatically recognize that it's a multimedia app and place it in a movie/music category like "media" or "entertainment" or whatever title each launcher uses. So far they're the only launchers that do this. Both of them use non-traditional app drawers that slide out from the sides by a left or right swipe gesture. The auto organization works very well, but in case you disagree with their categorization, they both allow you to manually change things. The main difference between Aviate and Smart's app drawers is that Aviate also has a further swipe from the categorized apps into an alphabetical list so you have two ways to view them.

Action Launcher also uses a slide out app drawer but it's a vertically scrolling alphabetical list that you can't put into categories of your own. Still works decently enough.

Nova and Apex are both built on AOSP and use that style of app drawer but on top of that they both have the same method of making app categories. You manually create your own named 'tabs' in the app drawer and then manually move apps into the tabs you created for each category you chose.

The trouble is I want to organise my apps myself. On my S4 I have the first page of my most used then the less I need them they go on the next page and so on. I can't find anything that allows me to do that.

Buffster5505

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
You can use Action Launcer (Pro) ( others do this as well ) and create Folders. In these folders you can add as many apps as you wish. Name these folders PAGE1 PAGE2 etc. Put the apps you want in each and in the order you want and to your preference of usage etc. Put them on your main screen and voila. Perfection :)

B

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
The trouble is I want to organise my apps myself. On my S4 I have the first page of my most used then the less I need them they go on the next page and so on. I can't find anything that allows me to do that.

Are you talking about home screens or the app drawer?

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Then yes, you can customize categories in the launchers I listed above in the way I described for each

That's not what the OP wants to do. They just want to move the apps around within the drawer and have them stay there. I think tabs for the drawer are going to be the closest thing to what you are looking for.

Remember you have a 15 min refund period. Buy a pro version (download free version first if required), go try to organize the drawer and if it doesn't work, then uninstall to get your money back.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

snake02_78

May 5, 2013
Visit site
That's not what the OP wants to do. They just want to move the apps around within the drawer and have them stay there. I think tabs for the drawer are going to be the closest thing to what you are looking for.

Remember you have a 15 min refund period. Buy a pro version (download free version first if required), go try to organize the drawer and if it doesn't work, then uninstall to get your money back.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

That's exactly what I want. I don't know if its not what most people want but I can't understand why any of the launchers do it.

rmn_cats

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I use ADW Launcher EX. In my app drawer I currently have 3 tabs. There is one for "All Apps" which the launcher creates itself and I created 1 each for "Games" and "Active". As far as I know you can create as many tabs as you want; however, within those tabs the apps can only be ordered alphabetically, at least as far as I can tell. Hope this helps.

snake02_78

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I use ADW Launcher EX. In my app drawer I currently have 3 tabs. There is one for "All Apps" which the launcher creates itself and I created 1 each for "Games" and "Active". As far as I know you can create as many tabs as you want; however, within those tabs the apps can only be ordered alphabetically, at least as far as I can tell. Hope this helps.

Cheers but it's the alphabetical sorting that is the problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan