1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Launcher Question

Are there any launchers that allow you to organise the app drawer in the same way as Samsung Touchwiz? I like to be able to put my most used apps on the first page and put little used ones into folders out of the way.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Launcher Question

Many 3rd party launcher apps can do it, although you have to get the full paid versions, not the free ones. Try .
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Cheers. I'd tried Go launcher and it doesn't do it. I didn't want to spend any more money and find another launcher that couldn't do what I wanted.

have you tried nova ?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I downloaded it last night but haven't had much time to customise it yet.

Global Posts
    357 Global Posts

Aviate, Action, Smart, Apex, Nova will all allow it. Order based on my preference.

Edit: take Action off that list. I still prefer it over the launchers listed after it though.
    The complacency about security among android users is disturbing.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by xchange View Post
    Aviate, Action, Smart, Apex, Nova will all allow it. Order based on my preference.

Edit: take Action off that list. I still prefer it over the launchers listed after it though.
    Unless I'm missing something nova only let's me have my apps in alphabetical order the same as the stock launcher. Do any of the ones you listed let me have any order I want? I don't want to be paying for more that don't do it.

Global Posts
    357 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snake02_78 View Post
    Unless I'm missing something nova only let's me have my apps in alphabetical order the same as the stock launcher. Do any of the ones you listed let me have any order I want? I don't want to be paying for more that don't do it.

Aviate and Smart both auto organize your apps into the categories they belong in. For example if you install MX video player, those launchers will automatically recognize that it's a multimedia app and place it in a movie/music category like "media" or "entertainment" or whatever title each launcher uses. So far they're the only launchers that do this. Both of them use non-traditional app drawers that slide out from the sides by a left or right swipe gesture. The auto organization works very well, but in case you disagree with their categorization, they both allow you to manually change things. The main difference between Aviate and Smart's app drawers is that Aviate also has a further swipe from the categorized apps into an alphabetical list so you have two ways to view them.

Action Launcher also uses a slide out app drawer but it's a vertically scrolling alphabetical list that you can't put into categories of your own. Still works decently enough.

Nova and Apex are both built on AOSP and use that style of app drawer but on top of that they both have the same method of making app categories. You manually create your own named 'tabs' in the app drawer and then manually move apps into the tabs you created for each category you chose.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Aviate and Smart both auto organize your apps into the categories they belong in. For example if you install MX video player, those launchers will automatically recognize that it's a multimedia app and place it in a movie/music category like "media" or "entertainment" or whatever title each launcher uses. So far they're the only launchers that do this. Both of them use non-traditional app drawers that slide out from the sides by a left or right swipe gesture. The auto organization works very well, but in case you disagree with their categorization, they both allow you to manually change things. The main difference between Aviate and Smart's app drawers is that Aviate also has a further swipe from the categorized apps into an alphabetical list so you have two ways to view them.

Action Launcher also uses a slide out app drawer but it's a vertically scrolling alphabetical list that you can't put into categories of your own. Still works decently enough.

Nova and Apex are both built on AOSP and use that style of app drawer but on top of that they both have the same method of making app categories. You manually create your own named 'tabs' in the app drawer and then manually move apps into the tabs you created for each category you chose.
    The trouble is I want to organise my apps myself. On my S4 I have the first page of my most used then the less I need them they go on the next page and so on. I can't find anything that allows me to do that.

You can use Action Launcer (Pro) ( others do this as well ) and create Folders. In these folders you can add as many apps as you wish. Name these folders PAGE1 PAGE2 etc. Put the apps you want in each and in the order you want and to your preference of usage etc. Put them on your main screen and voila. Perfection

B

Nova. It's everything you need.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk 4 Pro
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Launcher Question-tmp_screenshot_2013-12-25-13-52-29-1545184212.jpg

This is what I'm trying to do.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Launcher Question-tmp_screenshot_2013-12-25-13-52-29-1545184212.jpg  

Global Posts
    357 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snake02_78 View Post
    The trouble is I want to organise my apps myself. On my S4 I have the first page of my most used then the less I need them they go on the next page and so on. I can't find anything that allows me to do that.

Are you talking about home screens or the app drawer?

App drawer. That's what's shown in the screenshot.

Global Posts
    357 Global Posts

Then yes, you can customize categories in the launchers I listed above in the way I described for each

Then yes, you can customize categories in the launchers I listed above in the way I described for each
    That's not what the OP wants to do. They just want to move the apps around within the drawer and have them stay there. I think tabs for the drawer are going to be the closest thing to what you are looking for.

Remember you have a 15 min refund period. Buy a pro version (download free version first if required), go try to organize the drawer and if it doesn't work, then uninstall to get your money back.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    357 Global Posts

Ah ok, I get it. Aviate does something very close to that, bearing in mind that it's still in beta
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by gnr_2 View Post
    That's not what the OP wants to do. They just want to move the apps around within the drawer and have them stay there. I think tabs for the drawer are going to be the closest thing to what you are looking for.

Remember you have a 15 min refund period. Buy a pro version (download free version first if required), go try to organize the drawer and if it doesn't work, then uninstall to get your money back.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    That's exactly what I want. I don't know if its not what most people want but I can't understand why any of the launchers do it.

I use ADW Launcher EX. In my app drawer I currently have 3 tabs. There is one for "All Apps" which the launcher creates itself and I created 1 each for "Games" and "Active". As far as I know you can create as many tabs as you want; however, within those tabs the apps can only be ordered alphabetically, at least as far as I can tell. Hope this helps.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by rmn_cats View Post
    I use ADW Launcher EX. In my app drawer I currently have 3 tabs. There is one for "All Apps" which the launcher creates itself and I created 1 each for "Games" and "Active". As far as I know you can create as many tabs as you want; however, within those tabs the apps can only be ordered alphabetically, at least as far as I can tell. Hope this helps.
    Cheers but it's the alphabetical sorting that is the problem.