Nexus 7: what is the percentage of your battery power after a day's use?

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: what is the percentage of your battery power after a day's use?

thank you for the detailed report, that is what i was hoping to read.

after 2 repairs, i wasn't even sure if it was me, or it was the tablet.(you know, like one of those rape victims.) i had about 28% battery power yesterday, i only had about 10 apps running in the background, i used a few for maybe total of two hours of maximum running time, by then, it only had 1% batter power left, and asked me to connect the charger!

when i asked asus people why i am not getting a fedex prepaid postage email together with the rma email, one person told me that i have to pay for it myself. then i told him/her that this is my 3rd time sending it for repair, even s/he was surprised to hear that. then s/he just ordered the prepaid postage email for me.

------
to answer jerrykurr and a few others.

i was using the tablet in bright daylight, and had it on auto adjustment. so i definitely wasn't using too much battery power for the screen. but there is something wrong with the screen or the motherboard (because they gave me a new motherboard in the 2nd repair). as i said it before, after one night sleep, the tablet on standby didn't consume any battery power or maybe 3% at the most. once i start to use it during daytime, then the batter power goes down really fast. when i got it back after 2nd repair just 3 days ago, i charged this thing twice the first day, i was still able to drain it to 0% manually as suggested by the asus tech people.

i used to play an app called Farm or something, when i play that, the tablet will get very hot around the camera area, and the battery will goes down fast. when i use other apps, the battery was running ok.

so it is very obvious something is wrong with the tablet, that is why i sent it for the 3rd repair. i hope that they just send me a new one. obviously they can't fix it at all.

Bright daylight is where it will use the most power to brighten up the screen so you can see it.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

i used to play an app called Farm or something, when i play that, the tablet will get very hot around the camera area, and the battery will goes down fast. when i use other apps, the battery was running ok.

If you use a particular app and the battery drains how does that mean the device is defective? The app's activities are causing the power drain. The fact that is getting hot means the app is using a lot of CPU and/or GPU and they are throwing off heat.

So it is very obvious something is wrong with the tablet, that is why i sent it for the 3rd repair. i hope that they just send me a new one. obviously they can't fix it at all.

No. The unit sounds like it is performing correctly and responding to the demands you put on the device. You are the one forcing the unit to fight with bright sunlight (which causes the display brightness to dramatically increase and dramatically increase battery drain), and you are the one playing a game that requires lot of CPU and GPU cycles (again draining the battery).

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

you don't have this defective nexus 7 that i got , so you are just assuming that every nexus 7 is in perfect condition. if anything bad happened, it must be the user's fault.

after i got this tablet, first time, it randomly shuts down, not only that, sometimes i have to press on the power button for an abnormal long time in order to turn it on. second time, it doesn't randomly shut down, but it randomly restarts. i have an reboot logger app. it showed that this table restarted daily, and one time, it restarted twice in one day. the third time, in 5 mins, 1% of power could be gone. when i put it on stand by without airport mode, after i woke up, it didn't lose any batter power at all. after this first time check, a min later, it lost 1% battery power. after 5 mins, 2% of battery power was gone while it was on stand by mode, etc.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Got my Nexus 7 for Christmas and am loving it. Also have a Razr Maxx HD so I like big batteries. Naturally, I had concerns with battery life with the Nexus. I'm pretty impressed with the battery in the Nexus. I have my screen brightness at about 33%. After using for almost 45 hours including almost 6.5 hours screen time I was down to 14% battery.

eda5uru7.jpg

vety6a9a.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

preppystud

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I have my screen brightness at about 33%. After using for almost 45 hours including almost 6.5 hours screen time I was down to 14% battery.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

from my own calculation, it usually consumes about 10% per hour, if the screen on time is about 7 hours, then you should have at least 20% left, did you play games, watched some videos? it seems that your screen consumed the most of the power.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user