buying new Nexus 7s for my kids - suggestions.

Peter McCain

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
i bought a couple of 2013 Nexus 7s for my young kids. Do I need to open a new account for them to use and download their apps.. or can i use my account. which one should I use? if we share some of the same apps, will it affect the progress or my save data?

What do you guys recommend?

Last edited:

Feldhege

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: New Nexus 7 for kids

I setup each of my kids their own account. Then after I setup their stuff, I added my own google account to the tablet. This allows me to control what they buy but yet they still get updates and can email and text between each other.

hoosiermama2799

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site

My grandson and two granddaughters each have an N7. They have their own Google accounts, but I control the passwords for them and the Play Store is set up so that it always asks for a password to purchase apps. They don't know the passwords. For their accounts, I also filter the content they can see in the Play Store in their settings. As they get older, I'm sure I'll be doing other things to limit what they can see or go to.

Peter McCain

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

ok, so for the Google play store. it's better to give them their own account so they have their own apps... at first, i thought to use my account for both and re-download the apps on both tablets so that they can play the same games, but i think the game progress and their saved data could be affected with this move.
good thing is i have a $25 play store gift card for each nexus 7.

Sot Day

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm in a similar situation with both kids getting nexus 7s I've been debating this same issue. Do I tether them to my account or start them out individually? I suppose there's no time like the present to start building their own libraries. Merry Christmas and happy holidays all!!!

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol