1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How's your Nexus 7 2013 battery life?

Well, I've just got myself a Nexus 7. After upgrading to 4.4.2, the battery seems to be shorter than 4.3. I used mine for Facebook, web surfing through WIFI and playing some mini games (like Candy Crush, Minion Rush) and the on-screen display time was 5 hours when battery stood at 5%. Is that normal?
    How's your battery life, please tell me. Thanks!

Default Re: How's your Nexus 7 2013 battery life?

My battery usage seems about the same for 4.4.2 as for 4.3 -- time between recharge (7-10 days) is a long enough interval so I've stopped paying attention to it.
    Of course rate of battery discharge all depends on how you are using N7.
    Here is my typical usage:
    Wifi enabled (about 1 hr/day) only when checking e-mails, stock mkt; and some misc stuff. Wifi turned off at other times. When off-line I use N7 for 1hr/day of off-line podcasts, 1 hr/day of book reading. N7 sleeps during much of the day (just like me) and is powered down at night (just like me) . Screen brightness set to about 25%. GPS and Blutooth are "off" unlees I (rarely) need them.

I occasionally use N7 for vids (Netflix, You-tube) but, of course, that depletes battery charge more rapidly.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: How's your Nexus 7 2013 battery life?

Quote Originally Posted by gerryp123 View Post
    My battery usage seems about the same for 4.4.2 as for 4.3 -- time between recharge (7-10 days) is a long enough interval so I've stopped paying attention to it.
    Of course rate of battery discharge all depends on how you are using N7.
    Here is my typical usage:
    Wifi enabled (about 1 hr/day) only when checking e-mails, stock mkt; and some misc stuff. Wifi turned off at other times. When off-line I use N7 for 1hr/day of off-line podcasts, 1 hr/day of book reading. N7 sleeps during much of the day (just like me) and is powered down at night (just like me) . Screen brightness set to about 25%. GPS and Blutooth are "off" unlees I (rarely) need them.

I occasionally use N7 for vids (Netflix, You-tube) but, of course, that depletes battery charge more rapidly.
    It seems that you rarely use your N7 . I turn airplane mode on all the time, the battery is set to 10-25 %.
    Is is right to say ART have better battery than Dalvik???