play store issues

Adam Luszniak

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Can you help? I have a brand new nexus 7 which keeps giving several error messages relating to Google play store. I get a "cannot process payment" error when I try to buy any content. (Apps or books.) Also when I try to download free samples of books the play book app cannot open them. I have tried deleting the cache and data of both play store and play book apps, this didn't solve the problem. I then tried removing my google account from the tablet and starting again. Again this did not help. I a!m totally new to android. Does anyone have any advice for me on these issues?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Did you sync with your gmail account? That's basically all you have to do, after adding it in the device's "Accounts" in Settings.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Patruns, but when I follow that link and sign in I can't see any Google wallet section. How do I find this?

When you try to buy something you'll be prompted to sign into your account again and input your credit card number.

Adam Luszniak

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
The problem is I am not prompted. I am simply shown a message saying there is an error processing payment as soon as I try to buy anything. This happens even with free items

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
The problem is I am not prompted. I am simply shown a message saying there is an error processing payment as soon as I try to buy anything. This happens even with free items

Maybe if you reset app preferences? In settings, apps, menu button, app preferences.

Adam Luszniak

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
The Google wallet app is unavailable in the UK. The issue seems to occur regularly on multiple apps, even free ones. All I'm trying to do is download films or books from the play store but it keeps giving me an "error processing purchase" message.

Adam Luszniak

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
OK so having used the tablet a little more I have discovered that the issue is related to certain content on the play store. Apps such as BBC iPlayer are easy to download and use. Free games seem to work the same. Paid apps such as games give me an error message. Free books also give me an "error processing purchase" message. free samples of books simply won't open in the play book app. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

jcmendo3

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Bought my Nexus 7 yesta for Christmas & everything on it has been functioning properly except when i attempt to BUY apps that cost $$$....

I get "error retrieving information from server rpc s 7 aec 0"

tried different cards, clearing cache/data & uninstalling updates, different wifi's, nothing's worked so far. If anyone has any other suggestion, feel free to shoot! Will keep troubleshooting & post any update. Thnx Merry Christmas!:D:D

Adam Luszniak

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
That other thread seems to relate to an s3 error whatever that is. I have tried another Google account without success. I definitely have a card assigned to the account but am still getting the error whenever I try and get paid apps, for example modern combat.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Just a silly question, but are you using the store for your country? There are a lot of rules and restrictions about purchasing anything across country lines that Google has to enforce.

jcmendo3

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Still haven't resolved the card dilemma but found a loophole. I went to walmart, bought a google play card for $15 & surprisingly enough it accepted it in the "Redeem" section. I actually prefer this method since I don't run any risk in getting my info hacked onto google wallet & stolen so i'm relatively fine with it :D

Read on another forum of a guy somehow moving his google play purchases to be extracted from his monthly bill which is genius since it's a lot cleaner of a bank statement instead of hundreds of ".99" cent purchases.