1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default play store issues

Can you help? I have a brand new nexus 7 which keeps giving several error messages relating to Google play store. I get a "cannot process payment" error when I try to buy any content. (Apps or books.) Also when I try to download free samples of books the play book app cannot open them. I have tried deleting the cache and data of both play store and play book apps, this didn't solve the problem. I then tried removing my google account from the tablet and starting again. Again this did not help. I a!m totally new to android. Does anyone have any advice for me on these issues?

Default Re: play store issues

Did you open your Gmail and confirm your play store account?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk 4 Pro
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No. Do I need a to make a play store account? How do I do this? Thanks.

Did you sync with your gmail account? That's basically all you have to do, after adding it in the device's "Accounts" in Settings.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

For starters, you need a credit card associated with your Google account to make any purchases. You can do that here, and control quite a bit of your Android world from here:

It's the Google Wallet section towards the bottom that contains your credit card info.
    Pat
    Nook Color - CM10.1 ( Jelly Bean 4.2.2) on eMMC
    Google Galaxy Nexus - stock Jelly Bean 4.3
    Galaxy Nexus 10 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Galaxy Nexus 7 (2nd Generation) - stock KitKat 4.4.2
    Chromecast
    Nexus 5 - stock KitKat 4.4.2
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks Patruns, but when I follow that link and sign in I can't see any Google wallet section. How do I find this?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Luszniak View Post
    Thanks Patruns, but when I follow that link and sign in I can't see any Google wallet section. How do I find this?
    When you try to buy something you'll be prompted to sign into your account again and input your credit card number.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

The problem is I am not prompted. I am simply shown a message saying there is an error processing payment as soon as I try to buy anything. This happens even with free items

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Luszniak View Post
    The problem is I am not prompted. I am simply shown a message saying there is an error processing payment as soon as I try to buy anything. This happens even with free items
    Maybe if you reset app preferences? In settings, apps, menu button, app preferences.

Have you tried installing the Google Wallet app?

Posted via Android Central App
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

The Google wallet app is unavailable in the UK. The issue seems to occur regularly on multiple apps, even free ones. All I'm trying to do is download films or books from the play store but it keeps giving me an "error processing purchase" message.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

OK so having used the tablet a little more I have discovered that the issue is related to certain content on the play store. Apps such as BBC iPlayer are easy to download and use. Free games seem to work the same. Paid apps such as games give me an error message. Free books also give me an "error processing purchase" message. free samples of books simply won't open in the play book app. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Bought my Nexus 7 yesta for Christmas & everything on it has been functioning properly except when i attempt to BUY apps that cost $$$....

I get "error retrieving information from server rpc s 7 aec 0"

tried different cards, clearing cache/data & uninstalling updates, different wifi's, nothing's worked so far. If anyone has any other suggestion, feel free to shoot! Will keep troubleshooting & post any update. Thnx Merry Christmas!

This might have nothing to do with the error you're experiencing but it's worth a try. From another thread

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho....php?p=3348505

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

That other thread seems to relate to an s3 error whatever that is. I have tried another Google account without success. I definitely have a card assigned to the account but am still getting the error whenever I try and get paid apps, for example modern combat.

Just a silly question, but are you using the store for your country? There are a lot of rules and restrictions about purchasing anything across country lines that Google has to enforce.
    Thanked by:

Still haven't resolved the card dilemma but found a loophole. I went to walmart, bought a google play card for $15 & surprisingly enough it accepted it in the "Redeem" section. I actually prefer this method since I don't run any risk in getting my info hacked onto google wallet & stolen so i'm relatively fine with it

Read on another forum of a guy somehow moving his google play purchases to be extracted from his monthly bill which is genius since it's a lot cleaner of a bank statement instead of hundreds of ".99" cent purchases.