Wierd headphones problems.

Morq

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Okay so I have this issues - my headphones (Sennheiser hd 201) do not seem to work well with the Nexus7 (2013), there's a lot of disortion and noise when i plug them in, and any slightliest move makes it even worse, as if they didnt fit quite right.
My first thought was 'aha one of those crappy nexus' with broken jack' and plugged in other headphones i got with my phone (lumia 820), and to my surprise they worked well.
I knew my headphones do work OK since im using them all the time with my desktop, but i decided to check them against my phone - they worked.
I then connected my speakers to the tablet - it worked as well!
So I'm really puzzled, they all have same jacks (sennhs and speakers 2 tier, phone's 3 tier). Any idea what might cause the issue? Would be good to know what to look for if I was to buy other headphones in the future.

tl dr:
Big headphones + tablet = Nogo
Big headphones + desktop = OK
Big headphones + phone = OK

Tablet + big headphones = Nogo
Tablet + small headphones = OK
Tablet + speakers = OK

Why are those two exclusive? ><

Thanks in advance!

Morq

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello!
Thanks for the help, unfortunately it's not the case, trying putting extra force was the very first thing i did.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Sure sounds like the fit is not very good. Perhaps the headphone jack is a little too small or too short for the Nexus 7's socket. Have you closely compared the jacks on your devices?

Morq

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Both jacks seem identical - only difference being phone one has microphone, but that shouldn't rly matter.
5Zf9n.jpg

Morq

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
might be due to colour difference and crappy quality of the photo, they are exactly the same size wise, only difference which i noticed now is that the yellow jack (one that causes problems) is a bit crooked :eek:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you also checked to see if there is any debris in the headphone jack? Use a damp toothpick to root around, or use a bottle of compressed air to blow it out.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
might be due to colour difference and crappy quality of the photo, they are exactly the same size wise, only difference which i noticed now is that the yellow jack (one that causes problems) is a bit crooked :eek:

Being crocked (or bent) could be the source of your problems. I have messed up several headsets by rolling over the ends with my office chair.

Morq

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
@B.Diddy: aye its clear :)
@Jerrylur: can't count how many times I rolled over the jack with my chair haha. Bet its the cause, odd its only affecting nexus' jack.

Thanks for the help guys, guess I'll have to be more carefully where I roll on my chair next time :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress