Glitchy lock screen when locking, is this normal?

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Your vid did not show.

But if you are talking about the way the screen goes to black when turning off.....yea it is supposed to look like that. For some reason google thought it would be cool to have a retro screen off animation to look like an old analog tv when you turn it off. I find it looks terrible and the old simple fade to back was fine. To me it looks like a glitch or gpu problem and leaves one hoping the screen comes back on. haaaa

princesultan

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Ya that's it. Around 3 second mark you can see it. Its terrible. Can't believe they did that on purpose.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I thought the same. I have seen 4 to 5 nexus's and they all do that. Funny I brought a samsung galaxy player and it did that so I got another and it did not so I guess on samsungs it is not normal, but it is definitely normal on the n7

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
If you turn off all animation in developer options, it just goes directly to black. Frankly, I don't get the appeal of *any* transition animations, and I always turn them off completely on all my Android devices. I was helping my MIL set up her new iPad mini, and all the swooping and stuff was really irritating. Animation makes sense to cover up how long it takes for the device to execute a transition. On my Nexus 7 running ART, the transitions are nearly instantaneous, so there's nothing to cover up. It's much snappier than the iPad mini.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, absolutely! Playing with my MIL's iPad mini (the new retina one), I was surprised that scrolling was less smooth than on my Nexus 7, since supposedly that's where iOS excels over Android. Not so, at least comparing those two devices.

George Stevens

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
If you turn off all animation in developer options, it just goes directly to black. Frankly, I don't get the appeal of *any* transition animations, and I always turn them off completely on all my Android devices. I was helping my MIL set up her new iPad mini, and all the swooping and stuff was really irritating. Animation makes sense to cover up how long it takes for the device to execute a transition. On my Nexus 7 running ART, the transitions are nearly instantaneous, so there's nothing to cover up. It's much snappier than the iPad mini.

Google has hidden developer options. Here is how to find it:

Nexus 7 2013 - Unlock Developer Options Android 4.3 - YouTube

I turned off all animation...but what are the default settings in case I want to bring them back? I forgot to note them down. I think they were .5X.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, absolutely! Playing with my MIL's iPad mini (the new retina one), I was surprised that scrolling was less smooth than on my Nexus 7, since supposedly that's where iOS excels over Android. Not so, at least comparing those two devices.

A lot of the new "animations" in IOS7 are kind of wacky. The 3D effect has been making some people sick, Is iOS 7 Making You Feel Sick? Here's Why | LiveScience

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I just tried turning off all animation in developer options and the line is still there when shutting off the screen. Which option do you have to change exactly?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie