1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Glitchy lock screen when locking, is this normal?

Hey everyone,

When I lock my screen on my brand new Nexus 7, there is a weird little glitchy thing that occurs. Is this normal? Check this video I made:

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

Default Re: Glitchy lock screen when locking, is this normal?

Your vid did not show.

But if you are talking about the way the screen goes to black when turning off.....yea it is supposed to look like that. For some reason google thought it would be cool to have a retro screen off animation to look like an old analog tv when you turn it off. I find it looks terrible and the old simple fade to back was fine. To me it looks like a glitch or gpu problem and leaves one hoping the screen comes back on. haaaa
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Ya that's it. Around 3 second mark you can see it. Its terrible. Can't believe they did that on purpose.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

I thought the same. I have seen 4 to 5 nexus's and they all do that. Funny I brought a samsung galaxy player and it did that so I got another and it did not so I guess on samsungs it is not normal, but it is definitely normal on the n7

If you turn off all animation in developer options, it just goes directly to black. Frankly, I don't get the appeal of *any* transition animations, and I always turn them off completely on all my Android devices. I was helping my MIL set up her new iPad mini, and all the swooping and stuff was really irritating. Animation makes sense to cover up how long it takes for the device to execute a transition. On my Nexus 7 running ART, the transitions are nearly instantaneous, so there's nothing to cover up. It's much snappier than the iPad mini.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

I like that retro look. To each his own, right?

Posted via Android Central App

Yeah, absolutely! Playing with my MIL's iPad mini (the new retina one), I was surprised that scrolling was less smooth than on my Nexus 7, since supposedly that's where iOS excels over Android. Not so, at least comparing those two devices.

Quote Originally Posted by physioprof View Post
    If you turn off all animation in developer options, it just goes directly to black. Frankly, I don't get the appeal of *any* transition animations, and I always turn them off completely on all my Android devices. I was helping my MIL set up her new iPad mini, and all the swooping and stuff was really irritating. Animation makes sense to cover up how long it takes for the device to execute a transition. On my Nexus 7 running ART, the transitions are nearly instantaneous, so there's nothing to cover up. It's much snappier than the iPad mini.

Google has hidden developer options. Here is how to find it:

I turned off all animation...but what are the default settings in case I want to bring them back? I forgot to note them down. I think they were .5X.

Default is 1x on my RAZR Maxx.

Posted via Android Central App

Thanks. Yeah, I guess 1X would be normal. What changes am I supposed to perceive by turning off Animation? So far I don't see any.

Quote Originally Posted by physioprof View Post
    Yeah, absolutely! Playing with my MIL's iPad mini (the new retina one), I was surprised that scrolling was less smooth than on my Nexus 7, since supposedly that's where iOS excels over Android. Not so, at least comparing those two devices.

A lot of the new "animations" in IOS7 are kind of wacky. The 3D effect has been making some people sick,

I just tried turning off all animation in developer options and the line is still there when shutting off the screen. Which option do you have to change exactly?